We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Williston, North...
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Looking for some suggestions on nice Japanese restaurants on the strip/near the strip. As far as price, id like to keep it under $500 for the meal

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

For how many people?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Using my powers of ESP, I sense they are feeding 3.65 people. Or maybe 36.5. Or 365. It's a bit fuzzy.

Edited: 11 December 2010, 06:12
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

BARMASA is supposed to be the best on the strip now

Williston, North...
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

For 2 of us

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Okada at Wynn is very highly thought of, but I haven't been there myself. I know it doesn't have the same atmosphere, but we've enjoyed Shibuya at MGM.

6. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 19:39
Williston, North...
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Well Desert, if you would read mine more clearly, i said i want the meal UNDER 500, i said that to so i could have a variety of suggestions. Doesnt mean i HAVE to spend 500!! I would have no problem if it was under 100. Sheesh, was just asking for some recomendations, so if you think you have one thats so great, id be glad to hear it. Hence the post asking for advice on a restaurant, not a personal attack.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

I enjoyed Shibuya at the MGM, especially their seaweed taster which had 4 different seaweeds, one of which was superb. I mixed teppanyaki with other dishes. It was very good quality and entertaining - perfect for my last night.

mgmgrand.com/restaurants/shibuya-japanese-re…

For a casual lunch, I always go to Todai, the sushi buffet in Miracle Mile. If you get the discount booklet (free by printing out this page and redeeming it at the information stand near Todai - http://www.destinationcoupons.com/Nevada/Las_Vegas/shop_lasvegas/coupon.asp), there's usually a discount voucher in it. They've got a better choice of dishes in the evening but it's a good, quick and easy lunch option.

I know others rate Okada but I also haven't been yet.

It's worth checking out www.restaurant.com via www.coupon.mom (bigger discount that way) to see which Japanese (and other) restaurants are listed. My theory is that, even if you can easily afford to pay full price, why do so if you don't have to!

Hope you have a great meal.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Yes, I was out of line, sorry... (I removed my post...)

Here is a place that I go to every time that I am in Vegas. They have great quality fish and it is really reasonably priced. I think they have all you can eat for like $30, maybe even $20, can't remember, was a year ago since I have been there...

http://www.sushi-mon.com/

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Japanese Restaurant suggestions

Okada at Wynn is my very fav in Vegas:

travel.webshots.com/album/579065770fpwXSc

Shibuya at MGM was very good too, just not as good as atmosphere as Okada:

travel.webshots.com/album/576912353qpTRfs