We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

For thos who missed my original thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k409594…

So today I receive a call from a 212 area code LLC....

My wife answers and sez okay, yes, okay, yes...etc then okay....

I say WTF???

So she says, That was Sushi Samba telling me that we'll be hearing from their insurance company and they'd be happy to pay any hospital costs from when my wife got sick at SS....

WHAT????

So we called back and I assured the woman that my wife got sick at the hotel and never went to a hospital. She just missed the party we went to Vegas in the first place for. She said this was standard Operating proceedure in case something happens down the road related to her eating there???

Umm... so I said... "so the call from the insurance will be a CYA call?" She says no, but that's what I think.

I tell her there's no need, but she's just alerting us in case we get the call.

This is a little overkill.... and a tad bit silly if you ask me.... we ate there, she got sick... emptied herself out, ate breads the next day until she felt better, then we enjoyed the rest of our vacation.... plz!!!

Ummm... whatever.....

I'll update again if anything else happens.... not really what I expected...unless someone else has died or something and we never heard about it....

just wierd......

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

You said it, Low...Overkill!!!

SE Colorado
Level Contributor
319 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

The world is run by lawyers now. Get used to it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

Interesting. Cynical me would be wondering "What do they know that I don't".

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

Well, Low, you know I'm being tongue in cheek here, but give them what they want...tell them that although she has had no PHYSICAL aftermath from the food poisoning, she has definitely taken away (darn I can't think of the legal term), ahem, the "perks" of marriage from you because everytime she looks at you she sees a big hunk of raw tuna and just gets ill...

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

I wouldn't read too much into it. Sometimes people do go to the hospital when they get food poisoning.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

Not weird. I think they have a valid reason to worry. In some cases, people have indeed had long term illnesses from eating sushi because it was not frozen long enough to kill the parasites, etc. Curious to see if you hear anymore from them.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

Low: The only thing that surprises me about this is that your surprised. You claimed IN WRITING that their food is responsible for her illness. They pretty much have to respond, or at least show that they made an effort. This is the world we live in.

Boston...
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

LMAO at Warmwinds post!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

I too like Warmwinds response. This is a world of lawsuits and lawyers getting rich. I wonder how many other people got sick that night?? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wierd Follow up to SUSHI SAMBA

One response reads: "You claimed IN WRITING that their food is responsible for her illness. They pretty much have to respond, or at least show that they made an effort."

I have to laugh a bit at that because Low's claim "in writing" was just a comment on Facebook. There are plenty of times where people I know and I have complained IN WRITING (as in an actual letter to a company) and received no response at all. Not everyone makes the effort. And this does seem like overkill since the person Low originally spoke to said he had read Low's TR. And Low's TR said nothing at all about a hospital visit or long-term effects.