We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

North East...
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Topic
It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

DH and I eat pretty healthy overall, but don't plan on being "careful" while on vacation in LV. I figured we might gain a pound or two from all the good food. Based on what I just read on the Yahoo Homepage, I am under-estimating my weight gain, LOL!

Cut and Pasted from Yahoo Homepage:

The Worst Food in America

Cheesecake Factory’s Bistro Shrimp Pasta

2,730 calories

78 g saturated fat

919 mg sodium

141 g carbohydrates

No restaurant chain exemplifies America's portion problem more than Cheesecake Factory, where the average sandwich contains nearly 1,400 calories—more than three full meals. But the Factory doesn't stop at elephantine portion sizes; combine that with heavy-handed application of cheap cooking fats and the result are dishes like the 2,580-calorie Chicken and Biscuits and the 2,460-calorie French Toast Napoleon. However, it’s this relatively healthy-sounding plate of shrimp pasta that earns this year's Worst Food in America crown from Eat This, Not That!, delivering to your system more saturated fat than you’d find in three packages of Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon and as many carbs as you’d slurp down from 1½ cases of Amstel Light. Gross.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k404557…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

Just walk where you want to go up & down the Strip during your vacation and you'll work off those calories in no time.

Now if you indulge in Cheesecake Factory's decadence, and then take a taxi from Bellagio to Venetian instead of walking there....then you only have yourself to blame for getting fat!

This is my philosophy while on vacation....eat wherever I want no matter how fattening it may be---but make sure to walk walk walk it all off!!

North East...
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

Showmevegas, you are scaring me away from the Cheesecake Factory even more, LOL!!!

Sad thing is... I might still stop in and give it a whirl (based solely on the many good reviews I've read on TA). It must be all the fat and carbs that make this place so yummy. Vacation is vacation and we must say "what the hay" every once and a while.

However, me thinks we will split a meal at this local. We often do anyway...

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

All things considered Cheescake Factory isn't all that bad. It more or less fits in with your other choices:

We have decided we will definitely try:

1. Casa Di Amore

2. Hash House A Go Go (seems everyone must try it at least once)

3. Mon Ami Gabi

4. Stripburger

5. Wynn Buffet

North East...
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

drazel,

We WILL be walking

We WILL be doing extra laps in the pool.

We WILL hit the gym...at least I have good intentions ;~)

North East...
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

ktinca,

It definitely fits with the other choices! We were planning a lunch stop here. I am just laughing at all these calories, because I usually watch cals pretty closely. I don't have 2,000 in a day, usually! Like I said....

I am DEFINITELY going to gain weight!!! :-)))

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

kenlorz, you might be surprised. I used to think I would gain a lot of weight in Las vegas, but I usually only gain 2 pounds. I eat everything I want and none of it is very good for you. I took a pedometer one trip and we averaged 6 miles a day.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

From you title I was getting ready to congratulate you on your pregnancy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,526 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

"Just walk where you want to go up & down the Strip during your vacation and you'll work off those calories in no time."

I'm all for exercise, but too many people think that they can eat stuff like this, then walk a few extra blocks and it equals out....

If you ate this entree from the Cheesecake Factory you'd have to walk an extra 33 miles to burn off the 2,730 calories. That's 4 round-trip walks from Mandalay Bay to the Stratosphere.

Without stopping for any of those 1,000 calorie guitar slushie drinks!

Edited: 14 December 2010, 14:52
Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It's official...I'm SO going to gain weight

The good news is that, barring Adam Richman from the Travel Channel, most normal human beings could not finish an entree from the Cheesecake factory! So if you cut it into thirds, which would be a reasonable portion, it's actually not awful!