We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

found cheaper car rental rates...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bc
Level Contributor
716 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
found cheaper car rental rates...

Have been looking a month car rental deals. Best I was able to find for a full size was $210 for the week (feb22-mar1) including fee's and taxes. Fox rental was $177 but I wasn't interested in Fox car rental as it was not located at the rental center. Thanks to an old thread I dug up I googled "costco travel car rentals" which connected me to Alamo. Punched in our info and locked in at $155 for the week for a fullsize. Didn't need the costco card info or anything, it went straight to the alamo site and applied the coupon automatically. Thought I would pass that along and maybe save someone some cash.

freek

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

If $155.00 includes all taxes and fees, then that is indeed a good deal.

bc
Level Contributor
716 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

Yes, sorry rufus. It was $87 plus the fee's taking it to $155 for the week.

freek

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

I just checked that out for our upcoming March trip. You have to be a

Costco member to use the code. Here's a quote.

"When picking up your rental car please be prepared to show your Costco membership card to the Alamo representative."

For our particular needs it came up as $165 including taxes and fees for a 4 day rental! And that was for a Chevy Aveo!

Corn Country
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

SB - at no point does "When picking up your rental car please be prepared to show your Costco membership card to the Alamo representative." mean "you have to be a Costco member to use the code."

Chances are, the Alamo rep won't ask for the Costco card (especially if you use the check-in kiosk). OP is going to Vegas. Take a chance and if you're really worried about it not working, have a back-up reservation somewhere else in the same rental complex.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

^^Husker is right. I used a Dollar rental deal last year from Costco and I'm a Costco member and they never asked. Why would they lose the business over a few dollars?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

Depends on your tolerance for risk.

My last rental in Las Vegas in Sept was using a AAA discount code. T&C's said I needed to show my AAA card when picking the car up and they did in fact ask for it.

My wife rented a car using a Costco Travel code in early December in Ft Lauderdale, and was asked to show her card as well.

In the past I've booked using a code and not been asked for proof, so this is a true YMMV situation.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

I'm a "play by the rules" kind of girl. If I booked on a costco code without having a card, I'd probably give myself an ulcer worrying about being asked for it. Just call me chicken! lol.

8. Re: found cheaper car rental rates...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 05:18