We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to dress for weather and events

Alpharetta,GA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to dress for weather and events

My husband and I are leaving for Vegas on Monday. I haven;t been in 15 years and that trip was with young kids. Staying at the Aria and going to see "O" but that's all we have planned. Was thinking of bringing jeans, sweaters,leather jacket, and pair of nice pants (not a dress girl). Will be there for NY but not planning on going anywhere but the strip. Do I need anything fancier or is it all just casual wear?

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to dress for weather and events

you will fit in nicely

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to dress for weather and events

You will be fine with what you have said. Nice pants and a sweater will be fine for O and any dinner before. There will be people dressed up more than you and much more casual than you. Just wear what you feel best in.

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to dress for weather and events

Sounds good. Comfort is the main consideration when dressing in Vegas.

It is not always practical to go back to the room and change before a show. I like to take something more casual for daytime and dress up a little more in the evening. It's kind of hard to compete with the lights on the strip so I let them do their thing and I do mine...lol.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to dress for weather and events

Unless you are planning to go to a club or a rather expensive restaurant- you will be fine. You are going to see anything and everything at most places in Vegas- from torn jeans to formalwear. Some people like to dress up a bit at night, but just as many don't bother.

Colorado
Level Contributor
398 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to dress for weather and events

Check the Wx forcast before you go. We just returned... and it rained every day we were there. Very unusual, but glad we had umbrellas. (A lot of people didn't.)

As I said... VERY UNUSUAL for Vegas. Record rainfall, but it cleared up just as we were leaving yesterday. The only time I wore sunglasses was inside at night... lol.

6. Re: How to dress for weather and events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 05:17