We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

I just found out the reason why you should book your show reservations through the showroom and not Ticketmaster. We are stuck in a snowstorm on the east coast. I had booked 3 shows and 1 tour to go to during our stay. I was able to get our money back on all shows except for the one I booked through Ticketmaster. The Bellagio was going to cancel the reservation for me, but because I called Ticketmaster instead, I am out $600.00. Do not book your shows through ticketmaster when you have an option to do otherwise.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Not to mention Ticketmaster's high fees that you avoid if you book direct with the box office.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Plus with TM they only show you one set of tickets at a time...and sometimes when you reject those they show you the same ones again! I like calling the box office because I can tell them exactly where I like to sit and see if they have anything close.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Sell your tickets on eBay or craigslist if you have enough time. Hopefully you can recoup something.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Maybe you could sell them to somebody. Even if you don't get full price better than nothing

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Hello Raleigh from Charlotte!

We have snow here too, hopefully we all can dig out in a couple of days! We are supposed to fly to New Orleans (Harrah's) on Thursday, but not sure we will be able to, more snow to arrive. :(

Thank You so much for the advice on Ticketmaster, although I am really bummed for You about the no refund! You've been very kind to share your unfortunate situation with the rest of us, no Ticketmaster for Me!

I do hope You can reschedule your Vegas Trip in the very near future, and have a blast and lots of luck when You do!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

"Sell your tickets on eBay or craigslist if you have enough time"

Sadly not an option if your trip is canceled and you haven't even been able to pick up your tickets.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

If you bought the tickets through TM, how would Bellagio have been able to cancel the tickets for you? Did you tell TM why you were cancelling? Maybe there's some sort of sympathy clause for conditions like this.

Pueblo, CO
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Do not know which delivery option you took through Ticketmaster, however, you can call Ticketmaster and have any tickets converted to etickets. There may be a small fee, but it will now give you an option to sell...Good luck...

Raleigh, North...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

No sympathy from Ticketmaster. Here is a little thing I had to figure out. If you go to the website for Bellagio to buy your tickets, you get forwarded to TM for the service, as I did for Criss Angel and La Reve. But, for O, I searched on the TM website and they handled the sale and the Bellagio could not even see it.

When I called to cancel Criss Angel, it is all serviced by showroom reservations.

They understood my situation and were able to cancel for a full refund. They tried to find my tickets for O, but could not because they were purchased directly from TM. I could not even sell them through Ticket Exchange.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticketmaster and Las Vegas Shows

Shame about no sympathy from TM...that's not what they say on their website.

www.ticketmaster.com/h/returns.html…

I recall purchasing some tickets recently (can't recall to what, or if it was TM)...but they offered "insurance" for a few dollars surcharge. Might be worth thinking about if we ever see it again and they are pricey tickets.