We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

We're getting married in Vegas in April this year and whilst we've been many times we can't think of a good place for the reception.

We have pretty specific requirements - we'd like somewhere 'alternative', 'cool' or unusual, we're both vegetarian and there'll be around 15 of us.

We'd prefer somewhere private, budget is pretty flexible. (But not astronomical!) Locations near the strip are preferred but not essential.

Places we've considered so far:

- Springs Preserve (room maybe too big for 15 though?)

- Ago at Hard Rock

- House of Blues Mandalay Bay (not private)

- Lavo at Palazzo (might be too expensive, haven't heard yet)

- Maggianos at Fashion Show Mall (a bit mainstream but looks nice)

Can anyone add anything to the list?

Thanks!

Andy

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

Don't know much about this, but have u thought about a large suite in a hotel. Some of them are suitable for small parties... Congratulations!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

I believe that all the restaurants at MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay list their large party menus online (I wish all the hotels did), so that might help you a little bit.

Also - check out STACK at the Mirage or Fix at Bellagio - they both are the same company and the food is great. We looked at STACK for our reception and I really really wish we had chosen it

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

Thanks for the thoughts folks.

The more I think about it the more I think we might end up with the House of Blues since we both really like the decor.

Andy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

Any more suggestions anyone?

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

How about Simon at Palms Place? They have some good packages, and have a bit of an alternative/cool feel. They've got a separate room and patio space for private parties. We were/are looking for a space for about 25, and they were very easy to work with, had plenty of food/drink options, and I really liked the feel of the space.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
794 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

We booked a Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay for our June wedding. You can fit up to about 50 people in it (for a stand up, cocktail/appy style reception). In your case you'd just have way more room since you have more people! The suite has floor to ceiling windows that over look the strip.

Masterpiece Cuisine is a great catering company, that's who we're using. We're getting 6 different appies and it's $17/person. They have lots of options (menu is on their website) and they get RAVE reviews on The Knot.

Edited: 07 January 2011, 23:25
7. Re: Alternative Wedding Reception Venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 07:18