We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Has anyone ever booked multiple promotions at the same hotel during the same stay? For instance, could I book 1 night on a $25 resort credit promotion and then 2 nights on a 'free ticket' promotion for my 3 night stay? The rates are open to the public, not on a player's club account. I know about the 72hr restriction.

I've done this once before at Orleans (at the hotel's recommendation) to get a better room rate w/show tickets, and then another night at a different rate. There weren't any issues at check-in, and we had the same room for the entire time.

I was just curious if people do this or not, and if so, was it more of a pain that the free stuff was worth??

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

I would assume it would be up to the hotel's policy since I don't think we can have simultaneous bookings at Harrah's properties.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

It's not simultaneous, it's back to back days. Like Monday would be at one promotion (available to everyone) and then Tuesday and Wednesday would be for a different promotion (again, available to everyone). These would not be booked through the players club. They would be booked by using promotions found on smartervegas.com. It's just that different offers have different daily rates and come with different specials, like resort credit and free tickets.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

I've done this at MGM before as three separate bookings worked out cheaper by mixing offers bit I had to pay all three up front rather than one as a deposit

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Good point on having to pay for each reservation (at least the first night's deposit). Did you have to switch rooms, or did they just work it out at check-in?

Andover, Minnesota
Level Contributor
643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

why not call and ask? I'm sure they'll tell you its okay, and you'll be at ease about it.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

I just explained to the desk staff at check in and they ran them together on the one room.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

We don't do that with public offers as we receive offers of our own. But what we will do is use an offer I receive for a few nights and then make another booking for more nights in my wife's name. And we have never had a problem with this. Including at Orleans, where they are very helpful. You might want to consider doing it that way.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Sorry at work and just getting back to your post...I misunderstood your question but appears you've got it figured out now (didn't want you to think I was ignoring you and glad you can do the back to back rez)

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Hey Ducky, don't you hate how work gets in the way of Vegas? :)

Thanks, yes I think I'm all set. I'll make the multiple reservations and just make sure they know about it at check-in.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking multiple promotions at one hotel?

Yes I do! LOL

I am also going to try and have a booking at several properties when we go for Sumfest since Ducky Brother-in-law is also going this time :)