We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

We are two females going to Las Vegas around September/October time, however it is something we've been roped into with 4 family membesr who wants to see Donny including other cheese on toast things! Our plan is to not hang around for too long and go off and do our own thing if possible, say for 4-5 nights perhaps a bit longer. Does anyone know of anything that may work for us, we don't mind organising it ourselves, but wouldn't want to drive. Perhaps some kind of backpacker or organised trip that starts and returns in Vegas, or somewhere we can get a flight back to the UK (Manchester) too at the end. We don't mind another internal flight but its quite difficult to work out what is cheap and what is expensive as our knowledge of the distances is probably way, way out! Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Deluxe Small-Group Half-Day Hoover...
74 Reviews
from US$74.99*
US$99.00
Super Hoover Dam Tour and Clark...
83 Reviews
from US$79.99*
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
1,731 Reviews
from US$79.99*
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

I would think again about driving. I don't know of anything that's close to what you're looking for otherwise but with a car the possibilities are endless.

Others may know better however.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

I would also reconsider your decision not to drive. For example the Grand Canyon South Rim is a 5 hour (or so) drive away on roads that are very easy to drive and navigate (even I did some driving on the way back).

If you plan to spend 4/5 days away from Vegas, you cound drive to the GC stay a night maybe two there, then from there make your way down to Flagstaff/Sedona for a few nights before driving back to Vegas. That should give you plenty of walking and hikiing opportunities if that's what you're looking for.

This is just one idea, others with much more knowledge than me, can give you many more,

Edited: 16 January 2011, 13:10
Mentioned in this post
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

We did that trip but didn't drive until we got to Arizona. We flew from Vegas to Phoenix and rented a car and then drove to the Canyon and Sedona. Since we were flying home from Phoenix, it was less expensive to do it that way because there was no one-way car rental fee.

There are many flights a day from Vegas to Phoenix.

How long is the whole trip? Don't you want t to be in Vegas for at least a few days? From Vegas you can go to Hoover Dam and to see the Red Rocks and still be close to Vegas.

Mentioned in this post
Arizona
Arizona
United States
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
The Canyon Suites at The...
451 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam
7,947 Reviews
Boulder City, NV
4. Re: Add on to Las Vegas Trip - What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 07:16