We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fontana Lounge

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fontana Lounge

I read about this on another board - vegas tripping is saying that the rumor is that Fontana is going to be turned into an ultra lounge.

www.vegastripping.com/news/news.php…

Obviously rumor right now, but, uh, do we need another ultra lounge?

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fontana Lounge

I have always wanted to visit the Fontana Bar and have a drink while watching the fountains.....but it is usually being used for a poker tournament . We are staying at the Bellagio in April...so hopefully we can have a drink there before it closes....

What is an Ultra Lounge?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fontana Lounge

This decision purely sucks---a Vegas "moment" for me has always been when I have a drink on the Fontana patio at sunset when all the lights of the Strip are coming on and the fountains are doing their thing. Bliss! I will certainly miss that bar. Music inside at night was great, too. Guess the bean counters figure that an Ultra Lounge will garner more revenue. The only thing that never changes in Vegas is its ability to change!!!! GRRRRRR.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fontana Lounge

is anyone sure that this is really going to happen?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fontana Lounge

Seriously, Bellagio attracts many older and affluent travelers but this kind of move shows they do not appreciate them and will continue to go after a younger market.

I wonder where Dian will end up.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fontana Lounge

On our last trip, we finally got to have some drinks on the Fontana patio and watch the fountains. Very cool! Dian Diaz was really good as well. Good music to enjoy between the fountain shows.

Our plan was to make this a regular thing on our future trips. It would be a shame if they were to change it!!!

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fontana Lounge

Dian has already begun transitioning for Fontanas closing in late April. She has been at both M resort and Red Rock.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fontana Lounge

I have a friend who works at the Bellagio and indeed it is closing. She said it wasn't bringing in the amount of revenue they thought it would. I liked the Fontana bar, it was the perfect place when travelling with a diverse age group. I'll be sad to see it go.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
80 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fontana Lounge

Huge disappointment. The Fontana patio is where I proposed to my fiance last year. We were planning to visit there every year to celebrate, now I'd have to pay $400 for bottle service just for the privilege? Forget it

Edited: 31 January 2011, 19:07
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fontana Lounge

the reason i stay at the bellagio sometimes is because of the fontana lounge. i wont be staying there anymore. its really a shame how everything is based on the younger crowd. its all about the money. my wife and i were there 2 weeks ago and the place was full but i guess the bottom line is that the younger kids are willing to spend the big bucks. this is really a shame because there taking away all the places where the over 40 crowd can go.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fontana Lounge

this is such a disappointment...it's my favorite spot to go in Vegas for a drink. We have been going there for the last 4 years (so since I was 25) - I'm not a big partier and I loved the laid back vibe and Dian Diaz...I have noticed she is playing at Mandalay Bay a bit now too.

Boooo on you Bellagio - now we really might try Wynn on our next trip - Parasol UP, Parasol Down might be our new favs!