We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

I just booked a monaco suite at MC. After reading some other topics is Monte Carlo really that boring? Now about the suite, will it have a small refrigerator in it? Is there a store close by to purchase beer, snacks etc? The last question is, how does the MC pool compare to Flamingo's pool?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

vegasfan1, I find Monte Carlo's to be less boring than Flamingo's. I stay at and play in both of them.

Diablo's Cantina out front of the MC is always crowded and loud with people having fun. The Pub in the back is very lively and the pool on the weekend is crowded as well. MC has a new Ignite Bar as well as a minus 5 bar (an ice bar) so they have this Fire and Ice thing going.

MC has a much larger variety of places to eat at, from fast food to high end. It's connection to Aria and Bellagio put their restarants a short walk away as well. On the the other side, NYNY and it's Village eateries are only a block away.

I like MC's location and, like many, use it as a base to come home to after going out and "exploring". Since you've been up at Flamingo, you can check out the southern' part of the strip.

The Monaco suite does have a refrigerator in it. It is in the cabinet under the TV. CVS is out front of the Monte Carlo and an ABC store is just across the strip by the M&Ms Store as well as a Walgreens.

I've been out back in the gardens of the Flamingo and have seen the pool there. I think that pool area at Flamingo is better due to the many shady spots, but the Monte Carlo has a Wave Pool, Lazy River, a Regular Pool, some other smaller pool/hottub things, and a beachy volleyball area. There's not much greenery, much more urban. Weekends are loud and crowded with a DJ. MC is a different environment from Flamingo. Each has their own advantages.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

Here are pics of the whole place.

oyster.com/las-vegas/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

The pool area at MC plays the WORST music I've ever heard at any pool in LV. And they play it REALLY LOUDLY! The pool area is nice, but the pools at Flamingo are nicer.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

I like the MC, and especially the pool/lazy river area. The lazy river wasn't nearly as crowded as MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay when we were there in July. Also, their wave pool is much more fun than MB. Yes, the music is loud, however if you can find a lounge that isn't close to the speakers it helps.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

I stayed at MC in November and was actually pleasantly surprised with the pool area. It was warm enough (75) to get into the pool and lazy river. They also have a sand volleyball court if you're interested in that kind of thing. And the added feature is that it is now "The Gateway to CityCenter" lol. I didn't think that it was boring at all. I would say go for it.

We stayed in a Diamond Suite and it was very roomy, but the pics of the Monaco Suite on the website show it to be a little more modern than the Diamond Suite.

6. Re: ??????? about Monte Carlo Monaco Suite and MC pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2012, 21:17