We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

Sheffield
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

in your opinions...... will the fairs with virgin go up or down as time goes by closer to 25th october 2011 or should i book now ? seen them at £611pp

Edited: 05 February 2011, 10:34
coventry
Level Contributor
188 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

i there the fares with virgin just seem to go up as time gets nearer i am looking at the moment for dec from gatwick price £703 alot more than i payed last year but its direact and prices with one stop are not much less so i would just book it

regards

mistysam

Sheffield
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

many thanks i am also considering gatwick direct dont want to be changing making total journey time 18 hours plus

engand
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

Hi, We booked for september 2011 as soon as flights were available with virgin direct from manchester. Since we booked they have gone up by £265 each, you might be able to find inderect flights cheaper but I would book now. They may go down by £20 or £30 but they could also go up by a couple of hundred.

mel

sheffield - uk
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

Whos the flight with? and does it have to be direct?

Is that date in School hols? I always try and get £500ish, but fares are going up.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

If your dates are not fixed try some different flight days, we saved about £120 each by flying on a Friday (BA from Heathrow in June) rather than the Saturday

Lancashire
Level Contributor
153 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

Hi

We started looking in December at Virgin direct flights from Manchester for a trip in Sept 2011, thinking/hoping they would go down in a January sale. Wrong. They went up. We adjusted our travel dates and managed to get the original price we had been looking at. A month later they have gone up by £140 per person.

Virgin were a bit dearer than other airlines, but they offered the only direct flight I could find, and I suspect thats why the price continues to increase. I have checked the seating plan and the plane looks 2/3rds full already, from the seats allocated/selected by travellers.

We didn't know whether to book or wait, but seeing the prices increase made our mind up for us. We decided to go for it.

sheffield - uk
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

After flying direct from Vegas to Gatwick (just one way) this year - i wont fly vegas on the rubbish old planes they use on the vegas route again. It was like being on a ryanair flight, be warmed they run out of drink/food everything!

We're going indirect via philly with Delta i think it is (booked through virgin) this year.

8. Re: air fairs to LV from manchester end of october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:16