We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

Norfolk County...
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

My wife and I will be traveling the Bellagio Feb 27 for four nights. We have booked a package though Southwest vacations securing the basic room. I would like to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite as a surprise for my wife. Is it more cost effective to upgrade upon arrival or reserve ahead? Destination expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

If it is really important to you, then book it ahead of time. There's no way of knowing what their suite availability is at check in. Also, if you want a fountain view accomodation of any kind, you need to specify that in the booking.

In early Dec we had booked a Penthouse Suite at Bellagio. I changed to a lakeview Salone Suite.........it was amazing, the views are phenomenal from those rooms. Very spacious room with a full sized sofa, large wide screen tv and a large bathroom! Those suites are at the end of corridors so if you want to be close to the elevators, that wouldn't work for you. Since they are on the end, you have windows on two sides. We sat on the sofa to watch the fountain shows. Loved the view and the suite.

If you have an American Express Platinum card and book through them, there are usually a few nice little perks thrown in, too. We got a free breakfast each day and I used some $$ credit in the Spa.

Edited: 06 February 2011, 14:25
Norfolk County...
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

Thanks for the advice Gabbygambler

Norfolk County...
Level Contributor
84 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

Any advice from the Destination experts?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

I would secure it now, if it is that important to you because what happens if you get to the check-in desk and ask for one and they don't have any available? Plus, the price might go up between now and then. It most certainly won't go down.

Sorry I'm not a DE, but 30+ trips to Vegas, makes me feel like one. lol.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

If it makes you feel better I was a DE for this forum. No, I didn't lose my job, I just didn't enjoy doing it, would rather just post and do my own thing. Total trips to Vegas over the years is probably 60 +. Have stayed at Bellagio almost every year since it opened, have also stayed at Wynn/Core and Palazzo in the last 3 yrs.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

"Any advice from the Destination experts?"

You of course must be referring to the list of "Destination Experts" on the right?

PM them if You would like, some of them post here infrequently, and may not see your Topic.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

Gabby knows Bellagio better than just about any of the "experts."

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

I have stayed many times, and have never been offered a discounted upgrade. If you want the PH, then book it in advance. Checking your dates, and the SW vacations pkg it would cost you about 260$ per night to upgrade. Using the Bellagio website, the same upgrade would be about 300$ per night. Neither of these figures includes tax.

I would be extremely surprised if ANY of the DEs have ever stayed in a PH @ B.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

Gabby: We all still love you.

I would have responded, but didn't really have anything to add to Gabby's reply. And I'm probably not qualified.

But it did occur to me that it won't be much of a surprise for your wife if she is standing there while you try and negotiate price. "I really love you Dear, and wanted this trip to be special. But only if I could get a deal."

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio - Suite Upgrading Advice

I totally agree that Gabby probably knows the B more than all the DEs collectively would......

<tongue in cheek> on the PM suggestion.