We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
161 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

I will be traveling on May 1-6, 2011 from Chicago IL we want to spend $450 per person for flight anf hotel but stay in the middle of the strip. Does anyone know what hotels are the best but have good rates not so expensive with out hiddens fees during checkout.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

How much is a flight from Chicago?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

I can't think of any hotels that have hidden fees during checkout. There are hotels that do charge resort fees, but those are disclosed up front, nothing hidden.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

You can't go past Bills Gamblin' Hall for location and price.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

I've been pricing airfare for May. It's nearly impossible to fly for less than $450/pp. If that is your budget for air and hotel, then IP is going to be the only midstrip option that would come anywhere close to your budget.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
610 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

If you're willing to stretch the budget, you can do the newly rennovated Tropicana and flight for $525 or Monte Carlo for $509. If those are beyond your budget, try Imeprial Palace or Hooters for $475. I priced these through southwestvacations.com flying out of Midway.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,416 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

" I will be traveling on May 1-6, 2011 from Chicago IL we want to spend $450 per person for flight anf hotel but stay in the middle of the strip. Does anyone know what hotels are the best but have good rates not so expensive with out hiddens fees during checkout. "

When you ask an unrealistic question like this you should at least tell the board what your flights cost so people will know whats left over for Hotel.

Sounds like your better off to book a PKG instead of seperate booking of flight and hotel.

What Hotels are the Best is a lot different then what hotels that are cheap.

In most cases you dont get the best along with being cheap unless your comped or have some media advertising rate.

Butte, Montana
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

For the middle I would say The Paris, PH,IP, and I got a good rate at the flamingo 37$ a night. Those are all pretty central and with some searching you should be able to get a good deal. I have stayed at all these locations so if you have any questions ill do my best to ansewer them.

minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

The IP is the best bet. We stay there all the time. The location can not be bet. You won't ever need a car!

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

I received an email from United Airlines that had "Las vegas Pkg's" as the opening line. I don't fly United that much, so I didn't read details. Since you are in a United hub, check out United vacations/deals/whatever....

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,825 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help What Hotel or Resort Is The Best To Stay Mid-Strip

I hate to do this WW, but I have to somewhat disagree with you... The last 2 times that I've booked rooms at MGM properties, (November and this coming March), when you click on the 'book this room' tab, it will take you to the booking page. The total price is figured without the resort fee. However there is an asterisk a few lines below the total price that tells you about the resort fee. Why can't they just add this to the final price? I guess it's gotten this bad that multi-billion dollar companies have to resort to these shady practices to stay afloat.

Oh sorry,,,mid-strip budget properties. Most have already been said, but IP, Harrah's, Flamingo Bally's and Bill's will probably be easiest on the pocketbook.