We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things we do wrong in Vegas

colorado
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Things we do wrong in Vegas

After reading hundreds of posts on this forum, it appears that my wife and I do many things wrong on our trips. Here's a short list.

1- Take the shuttle from the airport.

2-Stay at any hotel where we can get a room rate for $40-$50 per night.

3-Play machines with poor pay tables.

4-Lose money (see above).

5- Use the monorail.

6-Order pizza delivery to our room. Can't get that where we live. Kind of a red-neck room service I guess.

7-Ride the Deuce.

8-Spend 2-3 hours relaxing in our room every afternoon.

9-usually in bed and asleep by midnight.

10-Take the shuttle back to the airport. Never got tunneled though, so ha ha taxi takers.

Never the less we still seem to have a good time.

On our first trip we tried to do and see everything in 4 days, thinking that we would never be back.

I guess my point is, do what's comfortable for you and enjoy yourself. There is a ton of good information in this forum, but if this your first trip to Vegas do what you want to do instead of what you feel you HAVE to do.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

"6-Order pizza delivery to our room. Can't get that where we live. Kind of a red-neck room service I guess."

If this is wrong I don't wanna be right!

I do however hate airport shuttles, nothing worse then sitting on a shuttle watching happy travelers get dropped off at their hotel when you wait impatiently :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

The only item on your list that I might tag as "wrong" is #3, if other options are available.

The rest are just personal choices.

Glad you had a good time!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

Good post, and I agree with you, to each their own. That's what's nice about Vegas there is something that seems to suit every person's budget and taste. As long a s you have a good time that's all that matters, everyone on here has their own opinions about things.

I have done some of the things on your list, but definitely not all of them. But I do know that I'm definitely an expert on #4 though....lol

Edited: 11 February 2011, 22:00
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

Those are things that YOU do wrong. The only one that I am guilty of on occasion is #9. And I don't always consider that wrong.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

I wasnt able to get past the part that you said you cant get pizza delivered to where you live. Isnt it some kind of law that all Americans must be able to have pizza delivered to their house? You must be in a very remote place.

colorado
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

Yeah, our house is at 8000', was -34 last week and , get this, we don't even get mail delivery.

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
727 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

"Never the less we still seem to have a good time. "

As long as you are having a good time you are doing everything right.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

Ah! I am glad you finally- FINALLY- see the error of your ways! Now do something about it, please! ;-)

What works for one person may not work for another. That is the great thing about Vegas- you have choices. And no matter what choice you make- you still have a good time!

Edited: 11 February 2011, 22:25
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

What's "wrong" for one person may be "right" for another.

As for #1---I love the shuttle & for me it's never "wrong". It's cheap, efficient...no "tunneling" worries---and while it may be slow to some....i'm never in a hurry to get to the hotel....it's my vacation and I want to relax, not rush impatiently anywhere.

And besides--I just sit back & look at the awesome views I have on the way there!! So for me, it's always "right". :)

Bradford, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things we do wrong in Vegas

If you are from the east....don't even try to adjust to local time.

On the first couple of trips we tried to stay up a lot longer, and was dead tired for the rest of the trip

What's the point it's a 24/7 place