We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

Tn
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Topic
I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

In all of our trips to Vegas, we have NEVER, once, used a pool. I mean, we have never even went to one and sat in a chair beside the pool. So, needless to say, a pool in never a consideration for us when deciding where to stay. It makes no difference if it's July or January. I am wondering if that's the case for many other Vegas regulars?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

MountainMan, I have used them but after some of the discussions on this forum last year, I think I'll pass from now on. Ugg-some nasty stuff goes on in there.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,852 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

I've never NOT used one if the weather was conducive. I love being in the water. Is it because you're too busy doing other things (we go out for a short time right after breakfast, doesn't interfere with the rest of the day at all)...or some other reason?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

Sorry MountainMan, Iusally agree the most of your posts. However, in the warmer months, the pool is always a major consideration as to where I stay. In pool season, I am usally at MGM or MB.

Tn
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

WW, it's just because we have other things to do. We live about 10 minutes away from Norris Lake here in Tn so we get all the water fun we want here.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

We've also never been to a pool in Vegas...lots of lakes and pools here in Kansas, and I guess we get out and drive around so don't take time to come back to our hotel to use the pool area.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,897 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

I live a few minutes from the nearest beach in San Diego and have a pool in my building, but it doesnt keep me from using the pools in Las Vegas or other cities or the beaches in other areas when Im on vacation.

Edited: 12 February 2011, 21:54
Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

Once and only once. It was like 10 AM in July and after an hour I couldn't take the heat. When I do go to a pool on vacation I go to swim and you can't even do that when people are lounging in the pool with their drinks. I don't get the hanging out at the pool and paying an arm and leg for expensive drink thing, especially when there is so many other things to do.

I can do a lay around the pool kind of vacation but I think Vegas is a waste for that.

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

We always use the pool.

You've got to wash the sweat off somehow.............................What?

Cheers

Davy !!!

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

Nope. Walked around some of them off-season, and/or early in the day, but just not a priority when in LV. Other destinations we almost always use the hotel's pool(s). I'm spoiled though. I have a really nice pool at home. Right now it has about two feet of snow on it...hope it's still there in the Spring. (the pool, not the snow)

Edited: 12 February 2011, 21:57
BURLINGTON ONT
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I have NEVER used a pool in Vegas....YOU?

Like to sit by V enetian pool by entrance to TAO Beach at 10:00 AM and watch which of the talect stars they let in free,

My DW and I play a game real or silicone and will they get in.

I have the poor job of using gold card and going in and seeing the results.