We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zumanity...thoughts?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Zumanity...thoughts?

Last night I was able to score a $56.50 (plus some stupid Ticketmaster charge of $7.50) seat for Zumanity in Upper Orchestra. (Yay for student discounts.)

It looks like it's a good show...of course I'm wondering if any of you fine folks have gone to it lately? What's your opinion of it?

Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,850 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

I was dragged into it against my will last August lol. There are better Cirque shows out there, in my opinion. But it was OK, not a bad show. And I also had discounted tickets, $55.

It came in for first place in my category of "midgets swinging on curtains" for 2010 but I would not rush back to see it again.

Edited: Like other Cirque shows, make sure you get there early for the pre-show, that was as good as the regular part.

Edited: 13 February 2011, 03:14
Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

We loved it but we are a very sexually open couple and into that sort of thing. SO the combination of sex and the usual Cirque activities was great for us.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

I loved it, but also had front row "loveseat" tix- the performers sat on our lap and fed us grapes

woodstock, ct
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

We loved it! My husband usually dozes off during most Vegas shows but stayed up all through this one, lol. It's actually quite funny. It has kind of a Berlin/cabaret/campy sexy thing going on and doesn't take itself seriously. The pre show is side splitting so get there early and keep your eyes on the "twins".

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

I admit I didn't see it but a few friends did. They thought it was silly rather than sexy. In fact, they found the "sexy" parts eye-rolling funny/stupid. To this day- they still make fun of it. They all regretted wasting their money (and time) on it.

But it is hard to know if someone-anyone- will enjoy or not enjoy a show. From their discription, I do know I will not bother seeing it.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

my review...this is from 5 years ago

...good if your open mind about sex...

do not take your 60 year old mother like i did!!!

think of all the acrobats... but they like do it into a routine, where your like exploring your sexual side to yourself...

example the fish bowl, was of two syncronise divers, being intimate in the bowl, but not being cheap...very tastefully done

pre show, there was two fat women, interacting with the audience with vibrators, and cream squirted in their chest with strawberries, and they was going round the audience shoving their faces into the cream!!!

i didn't like this bit

i wouldn't recommend it...i'm going to see O when i'm back in april

right at the end, the stage rotate round a circle and its like a big group sex thing!!!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

More silly than sexy.....if you go in not expecting much then you should be okay....I expected too much and was disappointed, was expecting sexy not silly.

NJ
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

saw it last may with my wife. we both enjoyed it. it was a fun / silly show with the acrobatics and some 1/2 nude people thrown in there for good measure. the only reason we saw it was because we got "free tickets" by booking a hotel with one of the MGM properties. yes, make sure you get there early to see the pre-show show.

Pittsburgh, Pa
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

My boyfriend fell asleep during the show. I agree with the more silly then sexy comments. Alot of the routines/acts were repetitive (sorry for my lack of spelling) and redundent. There were two routines that were REALLY good, but not worth the money. I wouldn't say it was one of Cirque's better shows.

On the other hand, my friend and her husband LOVED it. So to each....

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zumanity...thoughts?

wasnt sexy.

we were front row center- so could see the costumes. make up, everything. just had no action or excitement.. the least fav of the 10 shows we've seen of Cirque