We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2016, 12:30
Wales
Level Contributor
278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html

need to go here its been in for two years now

2. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

So what did you do last year to apply for your Visa waiver?

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

It's not a visa!

Cheers

Davy !!!

5. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

You have to pay now, but there's no other change as far as I'm aware. Plus if you went online and registered your details last year you can go back in and change them to this year's travel plans as the visa waiver is valid for two years

Brighton
Level Contributor
774 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

It's basicly the visa waiver that u filled out on the plane you now fill it out online and pay a tenner. No worries

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

I filled out one of these online for my last holiday May 2010. I printed it out so didnt bother to fill one out on the plane. Got to immigration and was told we still had to fill out a form!! So my ESTA was useless! I did fly in to SFO though.

I have no idea if it has changed since I last went. Has anyone from the UK been recently and can enlighten us?

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

We flew into LAX last year and no problem, we didn't even have to show the online print outs and the only form we filled out on the plane was the one for customs.

However, you do now have to pay a fee for your online visa waiver but as I said earlier it is valid for 2 years and if you filled one out online last year you can just chance the details and there's no fee for that

Edited: 14 February 2011, 20:46
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OMG! Visa required to travel to Vegas from UK!!

This online visa waiver program came into force in January 2009,and was intended to replace the hand-written form (or so the website said). Once filled out its valid for 2 half years, and since around October 2010 it now costs about $16 online.

I have travelled to US 3 times since this was started and still have to fill in the form during the flight. Immigrations have never asked to see the actual form but presumably as you provide your passport number and place of residence all details are on the computer when the passport is scanned? As long as you complete one at least 72 hours before you fly it shouldnt be a problem.