We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Strat to Fremont

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
From Strat to Fremont

I was wondering how far it is from the Stratosphere to Fremont Street and if it safe to walk that alone (a female) at night. Was thinking of taking advantgage of a nice airfare/room package deal at Stratospehere, if i do decide to do a solo trip, but I like going DTG and don't want to spend a fortune on cabs and not surfe about the bus service from there to Fremont.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Strat to Fremont

Google Maps is perfect for questions like this. Just go to google and input the name of your departure and destination points...

In this case, it's 1.8 miles. And no, you would not want to walk it at night. In my opinion, regardless of gender. I would take a bus if budget is an issue.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Strat to Fremont

thanks Irish - I kind if thought that would be the answer as I vaguely remember going past the Strat one year and we were quite a ways from Fremont

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Strat to Fremont

Bus service is safe and inexpensive from the strip to downtown. From the strat, you have two options - the Deuce bus and the SDX. Both are tourist oriented buses. You can purchase 24 h passes for $7 or 3 day passes for $20. Being at the Strat, your ride on either should be 10 -15 minutes.

www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Strat to Fremont

And the SDX has its own lanes, so it runs quite quickly between Strat and Fremont.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Strat to Fremont

I would just take a cab. If not- then take the bus. There is no way I would make that walk alone at night- and I am someone(female) who generally doesn't worry about being alone on the strip, downtown or off the strip-day or night. .

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Strat to Fremont

Take the bus there when it's early in the evening and take the cab back when it's later. Half the cost, twice the safety.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Strat to Fremont

I have walked this in the day...and commented to some workers at my hotel what I had done...they all told me at different times that NO WAY should I do this walk even in the day time. i saw nothing in the day time that frightened me at all...but I never would do it at nite for sure.

Frankfort, Indiana
Level Contributor
835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: From Strat to Fremont

I've done the walk at night, but I was with a group. That's definitely not a walk I'd want to make alone.

Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Strat to Fremont

I agree with the 24-hour pass, I have done it when staying Downtown to get to the strip. But when did it go up to $7, remembering paying $5 for the pass.

With use of cab, I try to avoid it because of all the stories of long hauling.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Strat to Fremont

huey: It's been 7 dollars for a couple months.(Dec. 12, I think).....a 2 hour pass is 5 dollars, so cost-wise, it makes more sense to get a 24 hr. pass for 7 dollars...I avoid the Duece as it stops at almost every hotel and takes forever...I used the WAX bus last weekend and it is the way to go for me...Cost me a dollar from downtown to the airport Saturday, reduced fare..2 dollars otherwise...