We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Priceline to book hotel

Billerica...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Using Priceline to book hotel

I have just used Priceline to book an upcoming stay at Bally's... I usually book direct w/the hotel. Has anyone used Priceline and how was your experience?

Hoover, Alabama
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

I have seen many good deals on Priceline, especially last minute deals! I have used them before to book business trips, and have not had any issues. The only caution I would provide you is if your dates may change, many times Priceline, Expedia, etc will not let you move your reservation. My favorite for booking hotels has been Kayak.com since it will search many sites at once and give you the best rate. Good Luck!

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

Have also used PL to make hotel reservations...not for Vegas though. It worked fine for me. Be sure to read the T and C's of your booking with PL to understand the cancellation policy, etc...

Good luck :).

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

Outside of the "you are stuck with it" price regardless if the price can be found cheaper elsewhere, the only other issue I've seen is that you will be given a low-floor room. Many times, the hotel staff will not move you up, no matter what you try to do.

But, other than that, it's usually no problem - a room is a room!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

i agree with roadnut.

i have seen too many postings in the past where someone booked throgh a travel site and after not being happy with their room were tolkd basicly you werent the properties customer,you were the travel site customer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

Chances are that you will be just fine. Sounds as though you used Priceline's "regular" booking service...that is, you named the hotel you wanted and made your reservation at an agreed upon price.

I have used the other Priceline service...the one where you state the star quality of the hotel you want and the general location and then make a bid. Often 50% less than the prices listed for similarly rated hotels on other travel sites. I have always been very satisfied with the accommodations I received.

Edited: 15 February 2011, 18:30
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

I have used PL. Not in Vegas. I've got hotel rooms in the USA and Europe without a problem.

Assuming you booked Ballys and this was not a Name Your Own Price bid the cancel policy is that of the hotel and not PL.

PL and Expedia (and maybe others) do not charge a cancel or change fee. Ballys however will charge you a cancel fee if you cancel your PL reservation inside of 72 hours.

Some hotels no doubt may give someone who purchased on PL a lesser room but I don't think it is very common and says more about the people who operate the hotel than it does about PL.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

I've kicked around the idea of using Priceline name your price for my Vegas hotel, but one big caveat is this:

• All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

Sometimes we have 3 of us, and would hate to be stuck with 1 bed, 3 people...

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

You may be able to get a cot for the 3rd person, but if the rules state for 2 people, I'd just look for another booking option that meets your needs. This is exactly the type restriction that people see, ignore, then are unhappy with the hotel when they can't get that extra bed!

Billerica...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

thanks - we are 4 people, and actually booked 2 rooms... but we are singles and need 2 beds in each room, so a room w/a queen or a king will not suit us.... something to pay attention to.

Billerica...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Using Priceline to book hotel

yes, we booked Bally's specifically at an agreed upon price...