We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

You have the inside numbers placed. The point is 10 and the shooter makes the point.

Now, on the Come-Out, the place bets are automatically off. Would you leave them "Off", or would you want them “working”?

Does the Laws of Probability influence your decision, or do you leave them “Off” so you can root for a seven on the Come-Out?

You have a pass line bet on the Come-Out, with the inside numbers previously placed. An inside number becomes the point, what do you do with that placed bet?

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Omaha
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

I usually leave them off because I dont want to risk a 7 on the come out roll killing them all.

I have seen some people that leave them on but the way that I look at it - if I have 10/12/12/10 on 5/6/8/9 and he rolls a 7 I am out $44, if the shooter hits

one of them I get $14.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

I usually leave mine working, depending on my "feeling" at the time. As for the placed number becoming the point you can either move the bet to another number or you can remove the bet.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
377 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

I agree with grayhorse. Bets are off. I hate to have them swept away on a winning front line wager.

Each throw is an independent trial, odds don't change, so it is really a matter of personal preference.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

grayhorse....good point

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

>> An inside number becomes the point, what do you do with that placed bet?

You never leave the place bet up. Either you switch it to an odds bet, or move it to an open number.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

Play the 'don't come', and hope they hit that 7 ;-)

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

onehung - Refer to "Swearing at a Craps Table" thread!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

I guess I am in the minority with this group.

The chances of your "chips getting swept away" with a 7 is exactly the same on a come out roll as it is on any other roll. To me it makes absolutely no sense strategically or otherwise to call them off. Your willingly to risk the chips on every other roll, why not the come out? Your really just denying yourself a win.

Edited: 17 February 2011, 20:15
Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

Depends, sometimes I leave Off, sometimes I leave them working.

And I've seen (and had) this happen way to many times, were I will take them off, the shooter makes a point only to have the next roll crap out.

San Diego
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place Bets - Off on the Come-Out (Craps)

You leave them off, because if you're playing the Pass line, the come out roll is your one chance to win on 7 (the most likely number to come up, always). Why bet against yourself? Maybe that's bad logic, but that's how I see it...