We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Lancaster,Pa.
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Just a quick 3 day trip packed with lots of stuff. This is long. Only have day 1 done rest will follow saturday

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Lancaster,Pa.
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Day 1

Flew into Vegas on time had a limo waiting for us. Stopped to pick up a bottle of the Capt. And 3 Olives cherry vodka( awesome when mixed with Sprite). Had a night comped at the Strat so we took it. Checked in at 11 in a premium room up we went to the 27th floor great view of the mountains . Showered quick had a quick drink and cab it over to The Wynn for the buffet for lunch. Well its 4 miles long so we decide on the next best thing chocolate martinis at Parasol Up. Can you say heaven? Wow chocolate milk with alcohol can’t beat it. We put down a couple and figure we should really eat.

We head over to the Grand Lux for lunch burger and a large Stella. GF has a veggie burger and a Miller Lite. We stroll down the strip weather isn’t bad at all. We stop at O’Shea’s for a couple Micks and off we go. The most exciting part of the trip, we head over to Cosmo to check it out.

We head in and are left mouth agape by The Chandelier Bar really amazing. My Gf can’t find a drink that jumps out at her. So we decide to walk around and end up in the queue bar. She orders something I order a 7 & 7 and pop a 20 in the video poker machine and nuthin. So I decide to drop another 20 since I needed my drink refreshed( drinks are comped there if you are playing). I change games and ask my gf why isn’t VP as easy as regular poker. Next comes my VP destiny I hold the 10 J Q of diamonds hit the deal button and BAMMM!!! A K of diamonds. It didn’t sink into my thick head right away. I just hit the progressive for 1160 or so. I had to look twice three 4 times. I tell my GF I think I just won almost 1200. She says no way. I look down and there it is in all it’s glory. I have played VP probably 5 times in my life so no pro for sure. Just the gambling gods smiling down on me just their way of saying Welcome to Vegas. Get high fived from the bartender toss him a 20 have another drink and leave smiling.

Stop in the Monte Carlo to reserve a table for the M&G on Monday at the Pub. Reservation done we go to the Minus 5 bar. What a blast this place is jacket, gloves and cold Jager and vodka . 3 drinks there and we are pretty well lit like 2 candles.

Hit for another 4 hundy back at the Strat playing BJ in 45 minutes. Dare I say” I’m En Fuego”. We hope a cab to GVR to see Steel Panther. They are a great show they never left the 80’s glam scene but are very funny very raunchy actually but do mostly covers of the 80’s and sounds good. We head back to the Strat around 230 for some rest

Day 2 coming soon

Edited: 25 February 2011, 01:59
Lancaster,Pa.
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Whoops make that 2/19 - 2/22 LOL. Is there a way to edit a title?

Edited: 25 February 2011, 02:02
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Greg, great start! Maybe you could delete this thread and start over. Of course, copy paste what You've already written.

Lancaster,Pa.
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Thanks Carolina. I was looking for somewhere to delete but couldn't find anything. Oh well It is like Groundhog's Day keeps repeating itself

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Nice wins, way to go. can't wait to read more.

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Great start! Congrats on the VP win, great start to your vacation.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,809 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Enjoying your TR so far.

Maspeth NY
Level Contributor
928 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Score - great hit - looking forward to the rest of the report.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Way to go on the VP win!!!

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report 2/29-2/22

Congrats on your win! Looking forward to hearing the rest!