We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

Hi,

I was just wondering when the cheapest time to travel in Vegas was - in the summer? Is there a particular month that is quieter than others? Or, on the contrary, are there dates in the summer I should definately avoid?

In short, between what dates am I likely to find cheapest hotels/flights?

cheers, G

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

Look at August. I like going in August but lots of people don't due to the heat.

If you can manage the temps 100s to 110s, you can probably find some attractive deals.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

The third week in August. Always very hot, but rates seem to be better. Remember that some shows may be blacked out for vacation. This is why I have switched to third week in May, less heat and more shows.

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

Thanks guys.

I was assuming that it would be cheaper when hottest but doesn't bother me as can deal with the heat.

I will look for mid - late August. . .

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

You'll usually find good rates all through July and August. Too hot for many visitors and no conventions of any great size. As others have said, August is probably a little better in terms of low rates.

No idea regarding flights from UK. UK posters should know best.

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

Cheers Blagger. I'm hoping if Vegas is quieter over August with cheaper rooms then the cost of flights should be less also - but you know what they say about assumptions, so will do my research!

Would you recommend booking last minute? I see a number of posts suggesting this way of booking but seems risky to me. Can you comment on booking, say, only a couple weeks in advance?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

http://www.smartervegas.com/

The above link will provide promotions for most of the hotels through December. Many will have a daily rate calendar. There will be a drop down menu. Go to the month(s) of your choice and you will be able to determine the cheapest dates to travel. Recommend that you select a few and then check air fare for each. Select the cheapest combination if convenient. You can book now and cancel later if it becomes a problem.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 14:38
Sheffield
Level Contributor
406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

Although the hotels may be a little cheaper in August, the flights will probably be dearer.

For example, the wife and I are flying out at the end of June - if we had booked for July or August it would have been an extra couple of hundred pounds extra each.

Not sure if Virgin (or other airlines flying our from the UK) take into account kids summer holidays in the UK regardless of destination?

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

I am looking at going in July and based on rates I have seen I wish we were going in June. The first couple of weeks of June look much cheaper. Also, the week of Labor Day tends to run very cheap rates. I have gone during that week in the past and year after year I notice that it is cheaper than other weeks.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

royal owl, you gain that much weight in the summer(couple hundred pounds more)

sorry i could not resist

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,168 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quietest/cheapest time in Summer to go Vegas

just a head up, for the hot summertime in las vegas, its not only the high temps, there is also a HOT wind that blows, making it even more miserable during that time period, and a good reason why people avoid going during that time period, and those who live hear travel somewhere else.;)