We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

First time to Las Vegas and will be staying for 2 nights in May. Initially looking to stay at Bellagio but the rate I am getting for the second night is more than $250. So I am now thinking twice, as I could easily save $150 if I stayed at MGM Grand for that night alone (MGM Grand is the other hotel I'm considering as we'll be watching Ka).

So question is if it's worth it to pay an additional $150 more to stay at the Bellagio. I sure could use the savings to help pay for the Ka tickets. :)

Another option, I'm considering -- is it advisable if I stayed at the Bellagio on the first night and then move to MGM Grand on the second night? I am not sure how long check out/check in times are and wouldn't want to consume most of the day time attending to this.

Thanks in advance.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

Not worth $150 more for Bellagio for one of only two nights you're going to be there.

Also not advisable to do 2 hotels in 2 nights, you could end up sitting around waiting 4 hours (or more) for your room to be ready on the 2nd day.

Just stay at MGM Grand, unpack, settle in and get on with doing what you really want to do, which is NOT packing up so you can go wait in another check in line.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 17:27
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

Bellagio lake-view room for the extra money I would say yes. I wouldn't change rooms for one night. Waste of time.

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

I agree with my Boston friend. No way I'd stay 2 places for 2 nights. Way too much waste of time and an unnecessary hassle. I love Bellagio, but I'd have no problem at MGM, especially if just for 2 nights. If those are your 2 choices, save the money. You will of course vist Bellagio any way, for the fountains, conservatory, etc.

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

I wouldn't spend the extra money and I most definately wouldn't change hotels. Just stay at MGM and go to Bellagio to see the beautiful gardens, fountains, etc. There is so much to see in Vegas, you most likely won't spend much time in your room. I have stayed at many many different hotels over the years in Vegas, and they really are just slightly different versions of themselves unless you start getting into the suites...

Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

Thanks everyone, will take in your recommendations. Gonna scout around for other hotels then. MGM is one option, but will check others with a good deal as well (at least not as expensive as what Bellagio was offering for that night).

Luggageinhand, sadly the > $250 price tag could only fetch me a regular room for that night.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
338 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

NewYork New York would be an option, you won't be dripping in luxury as per Bellagio but the rooms are modern and you'd just walk across the bridge to see your Ka show (a great show BTW). I'd go w/ the park avenue rooms, I'm not an MGM fan, place is just a behemoth, starting to show its' age, and really not that great for the money IMO. At checkout during busy times you may have to wait for a half dozen elevators to come by before you can squeeze in, place just gets jammed. NYNY should have great rates to leave you some cash to do other things, and it's a very fun place at night IME.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

Stay at the MGM, while the B is the superior Hotel and in location wise also the price is a bit high for the one night, plus its Stupidity to change Hotels for one night let alone 3 or 4.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

if you want to save money while optimizing location, check out Vdara.

I just visited there last weekend, you can quickly get to either Aria via Tram or Bellagio via a short walkway out side door. If you get premium view room you can view the Bellagio fountains also, better location than MGM Grand. Compared to when I priced it they are about the same price also for a Junior Suite City View room vs. decent MGM grand room.

9. Re: Staying at Bellagio for a much higher rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:17