We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early check in, NY NY

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Early check in, NY NY

Ny Ny is offering 9am check in for $20. Wondering if this is a good deal or if any other hotels offer a similar deal. I understand that most hotels will let us check in early if a room is available but I'm not sure how likely we are to get an early room on a Saturday morning. Any thoughts?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,918 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early check in, NY NY

Are you coming off a red-eye or something and will want to sleep? Is the $20 a one time charge or do they add it to every night of your stay?

I personally wouldn't bother...just give your bags to Bell and go do whatever you'd do that day anyway - you can give them your cell number and they'll let you know when a room is ready.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early check in, NY NY

Yeah we probably won't get any sleep the night before. Think it would be nice in case I need a nap or a place to freshen up. The $20 is a one time charge.

Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early check in, NY NY

The earliest I've arrived at vegas was at 8AM after taking a 6AM flight. I sure wished my room had been ready early because even with all the excitement I was ready for a nap by noon. I say you take the early check in because it's nice to have it as an option should you need it.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early check in, NY NY

Worst case scenario, you show up at the hotel and they say, "Sure we can give you a room now. For $20." I wouldn't book it in advance. While there is no guarantee, I've never not been able to get into a room early in Vegas. Never tried at 9AM... but many times before noon without problem.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early check in, NY NY

I've never had a problem checking into any of the MGM properties prior to check in. The $20.00 charge is only if you want early check-in guaranteed.

Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early check in, NY NY

pepperzoe, do you mind sharing how you came up with your username? I find it interesting. :)

7. Re: Early check in, NY NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:18