We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Hi. I need some suggestions...I'm going to Vegas along with 4 other girlfriends next month for my birthday. I would like to have a b'day bash at a club or a lounge on a Sat night that focus more on R&B music. We're Black women ages ranging from 33-43 & would like a mature & sophisticated crowd (preferably on the strip with no teenie boppers). I'm looking for a place with affordable pricing for VIP area (i called club TAO & they're starting @ $900 minimum for 5 people & i think that's ridiculous)!!! I know there has to be more affordable nice clubs in Vegas! HELP PLEASE!!!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

I'd look on jackcolton.com, but there really isn't such a thing as affordable pricing in the VIP areas. You're looking at probably 2 bottles for 5 people, but if it's a slow night they might let you get away with only buying one.

Edited: 07 March 2011, 20:38
Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
219 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

You're going to pay out the nose for any table reservation/bottle service at any Vegas club. It usually starts somewhere around $300 and goes up to several thousand dollars. That said, you can always just pay entry to a club or an ultra lounge and forego the table/bottle service. Here's a couple of links that might help you.

http://www.vegas.com/nightclubs/

http://www.jackcolton.com

You might consider Caramel at Bellagio - I believe they have R&B nights. You might also consider one of the club packages where you can get the ladies night VIP wristband and get open bar for a couple of hours early in the night.

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Nine hundred divided by Five equals $180.00 each for VIP service.

Call them back and tell them you and the crew are only mature and sophisticated to the hundred dollar level each and see what they have. Just dress up nice and show up and tell them you're backup singers for someone.

Be prepared to sing.......

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but this is one part of US custom which just baffles me!

You seem to be handing over a h3ll of a lot of cash for a night at a nightclub.

I've read so many bad reports on here about things going pete tong with this kind of thing.

I must be missing something here, but what is wrong with just turning up to the club of your choice and getting a seat and buying the drinks you want?

I can't imagine you paying up front at Wal-Mart for your weekly grocery shopping..................What gives???

Cheers

Davy !!!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,521 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Davy,

There are no seats available for the most part unless you buy a table.

Also, 'turning up' doesn't always get you in the door.

Edited: 07 March 2011, 20:59
Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Really!

And you put up with this.

I suppose it's just supply and demand. If they've got loads of people wanting to get in, then they can afford to be 'picky', and only let the 'beautiful' people in.

Might go on my next trip!

Hey!....what can I say!

Cheers

Davy !!!

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

You might want to check with Koi at PH- there are some younger people there, but I think table service is much more affordable than Tao. The music is unbelievable there! DJ is fantastic. If you like R&B music, you will love it at Koi. Place is always hopping!! I'm in my mid-30's too, so I agree with you about the teenie-bopper crowd. Also, the bartenders are great and really make the drinks strong. You won't need to drink much!

We went there for NYE and it was great. Also visited a few other nights. Its on the second floor of PH by Peepshow. Give them a call and check it out.

Have a great time and Happy early birthday!! :0

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Don't forget to order your cake or cupcakes from retrobakerylv.com !

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,593 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Vegas.com has lots of packages you can prepurchase for a variety of clubs/bars. Some of them are more affordable than the 180pp you were quoted. They have lots of reviews for clubs too which are helpful.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable B'day bash in Vegas!

Sent you a PM with some info.