We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neon museum / boneyard

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Neon museum / boneyard

Has anyone gone to the neon sign boneyard. What i have investigated so far is you need to call ahead to set up a tour and the tour costs $15 each. My question is how much in advance do you need to call and do they want a credit card to hold the time slot? We do ahve a group of 9 wanting to go. Just wondering if it is worth the money. Thanks

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

We have already booked a tour for our trip in April. There is a form you can fill out on their website.

http://www.neonmuseum.org/tours.html

Our confirmation e-mail says the fee can be paid by cash, cheque or charge. We did not have to pay a deposit.

Hope that helps.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

Just went this weekend...it's very cool! They take credit cards and cash. It's kind of hard to get the reservation but totally worth the trip!

Tour is all outside so bring some water... and a camera!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

Anyone else have any feedback on this tour?

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

YES worth the money! about an hr and some amazing signs and history told. They limit the size of the tour- call ahead, or do it online. Even my 10 yr old son enjoyed it

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

It was probably our favourite thing we did in Vegas. The guides are terrific!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

Pretty cool, fun vegas history. Pack your camera ! We would do again. If u take a taxi there take the taxi phone # so u can call when tours nearing end ! That was the only bad thing we waited forever for taxi to come and there were prob at least 4 other groups waiting for taxis too !

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,852 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

The visitor center is under construction and as such there are really no restrooms there until that is completed sometime this fall.

I can't wait to go on this tour but I'm waiting until next year. Just an FYI.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

Great tour, schedule ahead of time because the tours do sell out.

Chicago
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

I'm not sure why anyone would wait until the visitor's center is built to visit. The tour doesn't actually begin in the Neon Boneyard anyway. It begins across the street where there are bathroom facilities and a drink machine in case you want to take water/soda on the tour. With that in mind, I will say that this tour really changed the way I see signs, particularly neon signs. Chicago still has many beautiful, old neon signs. I really appreciate those signs now. I loved the tour. I highly recommend.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Neon museum / boneyard

Already have our tour booked for the 3rd week in February...looking forward to it!