We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do during 7-day LV trip April 1 to 8

United States
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What to do during 7-day LV trip April 1 to 8

What do you think of this itinerary? There are 3 of us. We don't like thrill rides, gambling, or shopping. One of us is afraid of swimming and small boats. One is afraid of small planes and helicopters. All love to watch shows but don't want to spend more than $300 per person on them. I'm the type of person who can't sit still (can't even stand one day just "relaxing on the beach" when in Hawaii - need to be snorkeling or surfing when at beach). We don't want to spend our whole trip driving (especially now that I'm the only driver in the group).

Day 1 - fly into flagstaff and drive (in week long rental car) to Grand Canyon

Day 2 - Hike Grand Canyon

Day 3 - leave GC in the morning. Stop off at Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. Go on Desert Princess cruise at Lake mead and go snorkeling off some beach there if have time (person afraid of swimming will have to sit on beach).

Day 4 - Sightsee LV during day. See show at night.

Day 5 - Drive to Death Valley for a long day trip there

Day 6 - Sightsee LV during day. See show at night

Day 7 - Sightsee LV during day. See show at night.

Day 8 - Sightsee LV during day. Fly out of LV in the evening.

Is there really 4 days worth of stuff to sightsee in LV (especially given all the things our group doesn't like to or are afraid to do)? If so, what exactly can we sightsee/do during those days?

Is Lake Mead really worth going to, especially since we can't charter a small boat due to one of us being afraid of them?

I had wanted to see Bryce, Zion, and Antelope Canyon originally as part of our trip but we have a 7-day timeshare and need to stay there at least 5 of those nights (so far, I've reserved 2 nights stay at the Grand Canyon already but can change that reservation if you guys have other suggestions).

Thanks.

1. Re: What to do during 7-day LV trip April 1 to 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:17