We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

England
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
461 reviews
Save Topic
How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

How Much Did Your Flight Cost and where were you Flying From?

We have been to vegas twice before and never flown direct into Las vegas. The cost of our flight into LA 2 years ago from heathrow was about £440 and now its about £600-£700 for the same dates. A flight into Vegas direct is even more than to L.A which i suppose is understandable.

We are looking at travelling in mid september, are there any events we should be aware of that might be making these prices so much more expensive, or is this just the cost of flying now...?

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,619 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,111 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Airlines behave the same as hotels. Supply & demand. Check this out and see if there is a big convention in town when you are there.

www.lasvegastourism.com/conventions_sept.htm

but yeah, gas is sky high so flying just costs more right now. Sorry

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
563 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Yep the stuff happening in the Middle East is whats bringing the prices up. Ours was in a pkg through SouthWest Airlines from AUS to LAS but for 4 nights at the Encore with upgraded panoramic suite was $431.50!

Mentioned in this post
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Last time I flew it was around $100.

Prices are increasing due to the rise in fuel prices.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Booked in September 2010 for April 2011 trip.

Flying from: Buffalo NY, direct flight

Southwest (free bags)

313pp tax included

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

We are flying Allegiant which is a discount airline that socks it to you by charging for EVERYTHING & they only fly 2x/ wk to Vegas from nearby. But it is direct and usually well-priced. (from Nebraska)

$180RT in June

$240RT in August now BUT they offer 1 fly free w/ hotel package; it was $260ppRT with 4nts at Circus Circus (we don't need--have free nights at PH) and 2 tickets to a variety of shows--we are seeing LOVE. So good deal w/ the tickets.

Major airlines are showing $375RT from Omaha; Soutwest is even more...over $400. $250 used to be my top end Vegas RT price...guess that special rate is gone....

Mentioned in this post
Nebraska
Nebraska
United States
Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Have you looked at flight + hotel deals? A few examples I've looked at almost seem to throw the hotel in for next to nothing compared with just the flight cost. I'm talking about the 4 * resorts here as well.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
563 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Doing a direct flight in the early afternoon to LAS from AUS for our 2nd trip. But our 1st we got connecting flights with RT lay over time was like an hour and a half. Too crazy! Very tired and orn out when we got home.

England
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

can you reccomend any particular companies to look through? We have taken a look at

Expedia

Ebookers

Virgin Holidays

without a great deal of luck...except a few places we arent interested in staying at.

Ireland
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

Flying from Dublin to San Francisco via new york,and San Fran to Vegas and back to Dublin via Atlanta.....cost...515euro,wiwth Delta...Great price..booked it in Jan..You could try lokking at Orbitz or try travel supermarket.com

Edited: 15 March 2011, 21:47
Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How Much Did Your Flight Cost?

I was looking at ebookers and expedia and getting things like bellagio for 4 nights sunday to thurs for about £940 all in with direct virgin flights from gatwick. A bit off the norm for internet booking nowerdays but I always look at Thomas Cook for a comparison as well. Should say I was looking at june and not not sept.