We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which will be most silly?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which will be most silly?

staying at the mirage on our next visit.

for a special treat we're going to have a couple of nights at caesars palace, NEXT DOOR.

which will be the correct option for getting from one to the other.

walk with our cases or get a cab.

dont want to look stupid walking down the strip with a suitcase, but also dont want to look silly asking for a cab from mirage to caesars.

thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which will be most silly?

Well.....you can almost just get there, have a look and see which would be the best way. If you see others with suitcases, do that, if it's a longer walk than you anticipate hop in a cab. It's the kind of thing you don't have to plan in advance. Have fun!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which will be most silly?

It's a lot farther than it looks, because both are set way back from the Strip, but the only way to get there is by taking the Strip.

I would take a cab. I would also hand the driver at least $10 in advance. He had to wait for this fare and will wait in line for the next one.

But don't listen to me. I took a cab from Aria to mandarin Oriental the last time I switched hotels, lol.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 20:09
Central, Illinois
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which will be most silly?

I would check out the distance and then do whatever works for you!

Who cares if people think you look silly? You'll never see them again.....which is what I kept telling myself when my father-in-law led us thru a path (that was not a path!) that involved him stepping over some bushes near the Bellagio (yes, I am serious....and I almost died laughing! All I could hear was the Beverly Hillbillies theme in my head!).

So, do whatever you think works best for you and makes your vacation wonderful!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which will be most silly?

I would do it in the middle of the night, in total darknes-stealth.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which will be most silly?

There is no "correct" option. As someone posted- once you are there you can make up your mind if walking or taking a cab is right for you. It also depends on how much luggage you have- just a small carry-on or a lot of larger pieces?

As long as you make up the short trip fare by giving the cab driver a large enough tip- a cab will be fine. But you wouldn't look stupid walking if you chose to do so.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which will be most silly?

Walk through the Forum Shops. You'll hardly be outside at all.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which will be most silly?

You can walk via the Forum shops. You might not feel so self-conscious going that way.

Personally I'd take the cab, if only because I hate hauling ny suitcase any further than I have to.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: which will be most silly?

I may consider walking but a lot would depend on the time of year. In summer it would take me around one second to decide that a cab was the way to go.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 20:23
Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: which will be most silly?

"dont want to look stupid walking down the strip with a suitcase."

Have you been on the strip lately? 50% of the people you see on the strip look silly (yea, I look silly too).

Don't think about looking silly. Just think about having a fun trip.

That said, I say walk it. It's not that far.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which will be most silly?

to be honest the concern was upsetting a cab driver whos been waiting in line by pointing to the right and saying ' there please'. i would tip well but he wouldnt know that untill he dropped us off. :-)