We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

Now that I've learned that Glady's will be in Vegas in April and i'm going solo again, I was wondering what's it's really like to attend a concert by myself. Can you share your experience of going solo or seeing someone all alone at a show.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I have gone solo to a couple of broadway style shows, a cirque show, and once to a headliner concert. When you are at a show solo you are involved in the show and are in the company of the audience. It doesn't change the show experience if your seat mate is a friend or stranger.

Don't let being alone make you miss out on something you would really enjoy.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

Never been to a concert in Vegas but I have been to 2 Cirque shows. I had an aisle seat both times so I was not surrouded by strangers, lol.. I was very comfortable and would not hesitate to book Gladys if she was someone I wanted to see.

Go, you'll have a great time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I do most shows by myself. I've not done a massive music gig but in Vegas i did Love and Human Nature solo last year and had a great time. I noticed others there going solo so you won't feel out of place. Plus i always end up meeting and chatting to people (i guess the accent helps).

At home at music gigs i tend to arrive early to be near the front (being the little person that i am and knowing that heels and standing do not combine well for extended periods.)

Just use your normal common sense personal safety in a crowd and enjoy yourself!

AZ
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I almost always go solo to shows and concerts. I just saw linkin park at MGM last month alone. It's no big deal. The concerts are always high energy and you meet new people. I saw no doubt, all American rejects, black eyed peas and u2, just to name a few. Never had any concerns and had ablast at all of them.

Same w the shows. It's truly no big deal. I actually prefer it.

Go - have fun!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

Thanks Everyone - I guess I will be seeing Vegas SOLO!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

It's no problem at all. I have been to many shows, sporting events and concerts by myself. Usually, you will strike up a conversation with seat mates. Just go and be yourself. In fact, it's a whole lot easier to concentrate when you are not thinking about someone else's enjoyment.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

Definitely go for it. I like seeing seeing shows with friends but I've seen loads of stuff in Vegas alone from Phantom, Jay Leno to events at the MGM Grand Garden. You're there for what's on stage, not to chat with friends. I have never found that I enjoyed a show less because I was alone. Sometimes you end up making friends with the people beside you and that can add to the fun as well.

Enjoy Gladys.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
399 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I have seen many shows and concerts in Vegas solo. The people in Vegas are all in good moods and don't mind talking to strangers or even taking pictures of you. I will then usually take pictures for them on their camera also. Here are some of the shows I have been solo at:

Beatles LOVE (twice)

Billy Idol

Van Halen

Beatles tribute

Cheap Trick (performing Sgt. Pepper)

Wayne Newton

Elton John

Everclear

Miranda Lambert

Lady Anabellum

Carrot Top

Blue Man Group

Fall Out Boy

Steel Panther

Them Crooked Vultures

So don't worry about being solo. Go have fun and meet new people.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I almost always go to shows alone it's fine. Countdown to GAGA in LV in 7 days, by myself,

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your experience on doing a concert or show solo...

I always go solo and it's great fun - I talk to people if I want but can keep to myself if I prefer. The classics like Gladys Knight and Tom Jones are great as people are so excited to see the singers of their past that they love talking and sharing memories. I sat near two great men when I saw Tom Jones and it really added to the experience, especially when we were all watching the plastic-laden, top-heavy women try to attract Tom on stage!

Gladys Knight was great at the Flamingo, I loved her show and went solo. It meant that I could revel in the show and relive it afterwards without having to make conversation with anyone!