We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

This is my trip report for our recent trip to the Mirage

Las Vegas. I’ve organised it as series of replies and tried to detail just the main Points that might be of interest (so I’ve omitted the fine detail of the many (many) bars we visited)

Before the TR I’d better introduce ourselves, I’m 56 and my wife is 53, both from the UK, and this was our fourth trip to LV. We are both very far from high rollers, in fact we are the lowest of the low low (low) rollers , so that getting our drinks comped is a big deal. We just love LV for the amazing experience it is, with perhaps a little gambling. As for last years trip the excuse for this trip was my wife’s birthday on 27/feb

We chose The Mirage based solely on its location, we have stayed (in date order) at the Imperial Palace, Excalibur and the Bellagio and decided that even tho the strip is really quite small, we would like to try the Mirage/palace area again

This is my first ever TR, so please be gentle with me!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
35 reviews
81. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

What a lovely trip report, even more pleasurable to read as I have just booked out annual trip for 4th April. Could you tell me where the craft shop is, and how much a cab would cost for there and back. Thanks

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
27 reviews
82. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

Truly enjoyable report. Many claps from this side of the "pond" Hope your tooth can be saved!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.....

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
83. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

Really enjoyed your trip report. Glad that you and your wife were able to have a great time in spite of the absessed tooth. Thanks for sharing your experience. Enjoyed your way of writing. Lots of humour.

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
84. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

Several people here were very kind about my writing, would anyone care to read a work of fiction (14,000 words), based on some of the events in this TR, and see if makes any sense and is funny? (Before I use it elsewhere)

I’m not looking for a professional proof reading job, just a quick read by some one that is not a member of my family.

If someone has a few minutes please PM me and I’ll bung you the document (just let me know what you think and what was your nausea level while reading it)

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
486 posts
14 reviews
85. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

I loved your hilarious TR and hated for it to end:(

Danny Devito as the absess!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

worksop
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
86. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

Send it my way, I would be glad to have a look for you.

Great TR, thank you.

Where abouts are you out of interest?

Will send a pm.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 10:58
ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
87. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

No prob if u wanna send it to me too. Can't pm u as using the iPhone app. Feel free to pm me tho. What kind if feedback u lookin for?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
426 posts
12 reviews
88. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

pm sent peb. If you want a Geordie slant on it count me in!!

worksop
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
89. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

You also mentioned photo's. More is better in my opinion.

Midlands
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
90. Re: TR: 23/2 Manilow, peaches and the Emergency Room

Having just read Peb's work of fiction, I can't recommend it highly enough, folks.

Combined with his TR, I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that you are gonna have a good time with anything this man writes!