We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help First timer

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Help First timer

Strating to plan a trip to Vegas.. Suggestions for a nice clean hotel, good location and reasonable price. Not fancy people.. Thanks

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help First timer

If you tell us your budget & dates we could help more:-)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,001 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help First timer

Plenty of places will fit the bill. Give your dates of travel and a budget in US Dollars for the best specific advice. It's hard to know what "reasonable price" means, and prices change based on what's going on in town.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help First timer

Well It is will be in Sept,, Not sure which week as we are retired so I will look at the deals. Also looking at air and hotel incl from Montreal.Excalibur is 770.. Imp Palace is 735$..

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help First timer

I've always read, thought, and believed booking separately will be cheaper

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help First timer

If you tell us how many nights that will also help.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help First timer

Well I think we need a week at least..right?? Want to visit the Grand Canyon too..Thanks for your help we always go all incl to Cuba or dominican so not used to doing thigs separtely

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
277 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help First timer

My family are going on our first trip to Vegas in July and I spent hours on trip advisor researching the hotels. We've booked the Tropicana. The reviews are v good for it and it's been renovated so all rooms are newly furnished and decorated. For 3 of us for 4 nights it has cost approx £200, not sure how that converts to your currency but we thought it was a great deal. Our stay in Vegas is part or a holiday covering California too and I've booked everything separately, flights, hotels and car hire. Took me ages and lots of research but I think we've definitely savede money.

Good luck with your search !

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
277 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help First timer

My family are going on our first trip to Vegas in July and I spent hours on trip advisor researching the hotels. We've booked the Tropicana. The reviews are v good for it and it's been renovated so all rooms are newly furnished and decorated. For 3 of us for 4 nights it has cost approx £200, not sure how that converts to your currency but we thought it was a great deal. Our stay in Vegas is part or a holiday covering California too and I've booked everything separately, flights, hotels and car hire. Took me ages and lots of research but I think we've definitely savede money.

Good luck with your search !

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help First timer

"I've always read, thought, and believed booking separately will be cheaper"

If you live in the US this may be true, but up in Canada our airline options are a little slimmer and places like Expeida offer nice combined booking discounts the majority of the time it's cheaper to book as a package. The only real benefit that booking separately has is flexibility as you're not locked in by a 3rd party.

Edited: 23 March 2011, 21:16
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help First timer

YUP Edmonton I think you are right We get better packages in Canada.. Will keep looking Have lots of time.