We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice wedding meal in las vegas

North east england
Level Contributor
675 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nice wedding meal in las vegas

We are getting married in Las Vegas May 2012.

Im looking for a nice restaurant for the evening meal on our wedding day....there will only be either the two of us, or maybe the in-laws.

Wanting somewhere nice, but not too posh...we like nice food but quite plain tastes.....my fiance and his dad are "prawn cocktail and sirloin" guys. I was looking at "olives", but after looking at the menu, i cant see them liking it

Im struggling a bit, as I'dlike something special but not pretentious? any idea's

Also we are getting married late afternoon....do brides just go straight out still in their wedding dresses or is it better to get changed 1st?

Thanks for any idea's, much appreciated.

minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

My best friend got married in Vegas. It was the best. There was 7 of us. We ate at the restaurant right off the conservatory at Bellagio, which we really enjoyed. Don't change your clothes, that is part of the fun!! Congratulations!!

oxford
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Hi re some where to eat most of the nice hotels have nice places to eat but tbh there are just so many places to eat it's hard to choose one! As for going out in your dress when I got married there in 2009 my wife kept her dress on until late evening and we got plenty of attention and some free drinks! :-)

Good luck with the wedding you will love it in Vegas, we did so much so we are going back in 12 weeks :-D

oxford
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Hi re some where to eat most of the nice hotels have nice places to eat but tbh there are just so many places to eat it's hard to choose one! As for going out in your dress when I got married there in 2009 my wife kept her dress on until late evening and we got plenty of attention and some free drinks! :-)

Good luck with the wedding you will love it in Vegas, we did so much so we are going back in 12 weeks :-D

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Could you give us an idea of how much you would like to spend per person? There are so many restaurants in Vegas and it would help to know your budget. Are you looking for a causal steakhouse?

No, you do not have to change- you will see brides in wedding gowns all over Vegas.

North east england
Level Contributor
675 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Thanks for your quick replies....

As far as cost is compared, havent really got a budget (we've been saving up for ages)!! I was more concerned regarding the posh'ness of restuarant, like I said I want nice but not totally pretentious (as in cant understand the menu), we like quite normal food not things like froi grai etc, but i wanted something special with it being the wedding night, so not just the run of the mill steak place.

I know im probably sounding really aukward to please, i just dont want that night of all nights to feel out pf place.

Simple things like prawn cocktails, sirloin steak....I like seafood etc

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Hey, we got married in September at 11 am - myself and my husband and 4 friends - we went to the Cheesecake factory in Caesars Palace. Cheesecake is a novelty for us - we're from Scotland, and I was a bit worried that i'd feel stupid sitting in there in my dress - but honestly - it was amazing. The food was just great - something for everyone, the staff were lovely and they even wrote a congratulations decoration around our cheesecake and gave us a slab of chocolate with sweet confetti to take away. I'd highly recommend it. I walked around all afternoon in my dress - no one batted an eye except to say congratulations !

Relax - enjoy your day - you'll have a ball !!

kansas
Level Contributor
962 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

Wear the dress! I love to see the brides in Vegas--so fun!

There are many steak type places to pick from in Vegas--where are you getting married at? Staying?

If you share that info we can help guide you to something close to where you will be so you don't have to worry about transportation.

The Range steak house has good steaks at Harrah's. Not too fancy, but good food. Binons downtown also has a good steakhouse.

8. Re: Nice wedding meal in las vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:16