We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

All:

Just called Monte Carlo to see when they start reserving pool-side cabanas. Was told by the concierge that they take care of that now, and she would be 'happy to help'. Then she explained the following to me, which is why I am sure she was so 'happy to help': I could reserve a regular cabana (up to 8 people), for the meager price of $200/person, which includes some minimum spend of food/drink. I asked her to repeat herself, as I was sure they weren't expecting up to $400 for one of there cabanas for the 4 of us. I was, of course, wrong.

Stayed at MC 4 years ago and got the same cabana for $250. Period. No food/drink minimum, etc. The cabanas are OK, but they are not terribly close to the pool, the bar, etc. But they are a nice place to hang out for an afternoon. Not $400 nice, however.

Anyone have any recent experience, either directly through the MC concierge or through a Host at the MC? Care to share experience and what you paid?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

<bump>

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Mark: It's March now. So when you ask for recent experience do you mean January/Februaury?

Maybe you can be the 1st this year and let us know.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Now that it is almost July, does anyone have experience with the costs of a cabana this year?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Any one have recent info on the prices for Monte Carlo cabanas.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Just called yesterday. Minimum 4 people; must spend $100 on F/B per person. This a quote for Sun. - Thurs. Weekends and holidays more $$$.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Wow, that sounds ridiculous!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

This is from their 2011 Cabana rate letter they sent me. Note that they start their weekend rates on Thursday.

Day Beds – Minimum 2 Guests

There are 6 Day Beds located on the pool deck. Day Bed rental includes the Private Day Bed

accommodating a party up to 4 guests with towels, Food and Beverage Service, One Tube for the

lazy river, 4 Bottle water, and a Fresh Fruit Platter.

Thursday-Sunday - $150 per Person Food and Beverage Minimum

Monday-Wednesday - $75 per Person Food and Beverage Minimum

Luxury Cabana – Minimum 4 Guests

There are 8 Luxury Cabanas located on the pool deck. Luxury Cabana rental includes Private

Cabana accommodating a party up to 8 guests with towels, Food and Beverage Service, Private

Refrigerator, Ice, Cups & 8 bottle water, Fruit Tray, 4 Chaise Lounges, Sofa and Chairs, In House

Telephone and Safe, and Two Tubes for the lazy river.

Thursday-Sunday - $200 per Person Food and Beverage Minimum

Monday-Wednesday - $100 per Person Food and Beverage Minimum

Edited: 20 June 2011, 22:21
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

Thats perfect thank you for your answers. Does anyone know if the day beds have umbrellas for shade?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

I have never been to the MC pool area, but they have a web cam showing the lazy river which looks like they have a day bed set up on the edge with an umbrella:

earthcam.com/usa/nevada/lasvegas/index.php

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Monte Carlo Cabana Rates - Any recent experience?

An email from Monte Carlo

Our day beds are not completely covered; they do however have an umbrella that protects you from he sun. It will be comfortable, but you will not have the same protection as the cabanas. Thank you and have a great day.