We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Air Vacation Pkgs

Dallas
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
US Air Vacation Pkgs

I have never been on US Air but they have an offer that is $200 less than booking with American and Wynn. The times are dawn and noon! I called the Wynn and they offered me a panoramic room upgrade. I became friends with them over the parlor suite debacle. US Air also has a $100 Resort Credit. Are better flight times and comfort with an airline worth the difference? Both are direct flights. I have to decide today. I am a solo senior female experienced traveler and for some reason, cant make a decision. Please help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

I'm not exactly sure what your dilemma is. If you got a great deal, then I'd go for it and book it. There's nothing wrong with USAir. They're all basically the same anyway.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

I agree--what is to decide? Airlines are more alike than different.

I hate to get up early...but love to be in Vegas as soon as possible!!

And a direct flight is always a bonus!!!

Sartell, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

I've used them several times and have not had any problems.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

We always fly out of DFW on USAirways Vacations. They work great for us. Why is that your only choice in flight times if you don't like that? When I look it up, it gives you the option of different times.

Dallas
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

Thank you for your replies. My son worked for AA for 11 years. His wife still does. I fly from dfw. It is still my comfort zone. lol Habits are hard to break for sure! I will worry about this for a few more hours then do it. Not sure which one yet!

Dallas
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

I live in Coppell near the airport. I am just trying to get a time for a convenient drop off by family on the way to and from work. I hate to take a car to the airport. It would add nearly $100.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

Call USAirways Vacations, the flights they give online may not be all the actual flight options. I found this out recently, sometimes the website is trying to book up the less popular flights on the vacation packages.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

also, if you use code MGM50 you can get $50/off and 2 'free' show tix(LOVE, Elvis, Ka, Fator...). However couldn't do Wynn then. would have to be one of the MGM resorts.

I'm going in August, they recently had a code that saved 77.77. I booked a 9 day package, perfect flights. Got Wynn for 3 nights with $100 cr, and Aria for 3 nights and got the Show tix(with 3 days open in middle to go to SoCal). Anyway, they were able over the phone to set my package up. Total cost was $1550 for all that, the flights by themselves for 2 cost over $1k on usair.com.

Edited: 31 March 2011, 22:25
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

EDIT: you might get $50 off at MGM resort, not sure, but no show tix...that is for 2 or more over 3 nights...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: US Air Vacation Pkgs

Are you booking it on their website? It comes up with different flight option that are available to go on.