We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

We (my wife and myself) are coming to LV for 4 nights in Oct 2011 to celebrate her 50th birthday and our 30th anniverary.

As a surprise I was considering the Donny & Marie VIP tickets but would welcome feedback from any TA members who done the VIP package.

She has been a fan for years so I'm confident she would enjoy it as long as the VIP element is not superficial.

I assume the show seats will be the best in the house but the VIP extra costs an extra $150 a head and I just want to be satisfied this is worth it - I know that "worth" is subjective and personal to each individual.

At present tickets are only on sale until June 30 - is this because D & M are finishing in which case the question above is irrelevant or simply that the tickets from July onwards have not yet been released for sale.

Thanks

TomC

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

I can't tell you on the VIP, but I am 50 (today) and I got tickets for May for my friend and I Not VIP, the best seats other than VIP.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

I did the VIP package. The seats are in the very front of the house, so, yes, they are the best.

After the show you are led back to an area where you will meet them, pose for photos with them, and they'll sign something for you. They were very gracious and took time for each person with smiles on their faces. My mom was with me and has always been such a big fan of theirs. She was more than thrilled with the experience. So if you're a fan, yes, the VIP is worth it.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

yourstarla

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know that the VIP element is more than just a quick handshake as they walk down the line.

As your 50 only once and the meet & greet is a one off opportunity I guess I'll just have to spend the $$ - just need to hope they are still doing the show in Oct.

TomC

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

Tom, D&M's current contract at the Flamingo ends in December 2012. Unless they're on vacation, the show will be there in October of this year. It's too early for tickets for then, I'd guess they will be on sale around June.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

blagger

Thanks for that - guess I'll just have to keep checking the Flamingo website

TomC

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

I just read they are to be at the Flamingo until the end of 2012, at least. I bet they just do not sell tickets that far in advance.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

If it were MY husband I would tell him to save the $300 for something better. The theatre is quite small and even the worst seats are good seats. Reviews say that Marie seldom shows up for the meet-greet after the show.

8. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 00:05
Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

I did the VIP package. Yes the seats are excellant, had Donny in my lap. lol

After the show it is exactly as starla said above They were very gracious and took time for each person with smiles on their faces. If your wife is a fan she should be thrilled with this suprise, and you should score some bonus points for the future!!

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Donny & Marie - VIP Tickets

I ordered my VIP ticket yesterday for June 2012. There has been a recent change in the Meet and Greet. Now, instead of getting to meet both Donny and Marie, you will get to meet only one of them. You will not know ahead of time which one it will be that is staying to do the Meet and Greet. It changes from night to night.