We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

Hi is Tommy Bahamas still as good please? Our first night in Vegas in May was thinking of booking a table there, then doing a tour of the strip up to Downtown and back? Good idea for a Saturday night or maybe not?!

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

I have never heard of this establishment.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

Tommy Bahama is a great place, I buy all my summer shirts there.

Yes they are still open.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,385 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

Tommy Bahama's restaurant (Las Vegas location) is at Town Square.

My dad wears a lot of their shirts and shorts (year round in SoCal) too, Im a few years away.

Edited: 05 April 2011, 14:50
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

As said Tommy Bahamas is at the far south end of the Strip in Town Square. The food is quite good, though over priced. They have a nice outdoor patio that looks on the little park/grass area. There are better dining choices IMO at Town Square.

UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

we wanted something tropical and had heard this was good? Cannot seem to book a table at Bahama Breeze however .... anywhere else to try a bit different on first night?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

Where are you staying so we can find you maybe a closer restaurant?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

" we wanted something tropical and had heard this was good? Cannot seem to book a table at Bahama Breeze however .... anywhere else to try a bit different on first night? "

On a scale of 1 to10, with 10 being the best, if you had to rate Bahama Breeze it might break a 2. Try some of the other 400 or so places to eat.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

" My dad wears a lot of their shirts and shorts (year round in SoCal) too,

Im a few years away

"Give it some time, You’ll catch up.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,385 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

"On a scale of 1 to10, with 10 being the best, if you had to rate Bahama Breeze it might break a 2. Try some of the other 400 or so places to eat."

a 2 is being very generous.

In all seriousness if you want something tropical head to the Caribbean not the Desert. All of the Tropical themed places ie Bahama Breeze, Margaritaville, etc are just chain, touristy spots that arent very good.

Id take Tommy Bahamas over Bahama Breeze or Marqaritaville if those are my 3 choices. You wont catch me at the other 2 again.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tommy Bahamas and then the Strip

Yep GoodBeer -- it will happen waaaay sooner than you think ;-)

Grace -- as someone said, let us know where you are staying and also if you are a first-timer. IMHO going from Town Square to Downtown is too much to accomplish in one night - especially on your travel day from the UK. Also, will you have a car?? Depending on how long you are in Vegas, you might want to split the strip/DT into different "zones" to accomplish a little at a time. Time flies away there and we never get everything done we want to.

I always have a car there and never venture up to Town Square to dine - there are just so many options on the strip. Margaritaville might be an option for you though -- it is central strip and might have that tropical vibe you seek.