We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripres are liers!!!!!!!

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tripres are liers!!!!!!!

I made a reservation with tripres.com trough representative Janet, who promised 1 room with 2 queen beds( 2 adults and 2 kids-12 and 10); instead we have been told at the hotel desk that do not have 2 queens, only 2 doubles; i try to contact tripres and talked with Randy, who put me on hold, and then came back and said that 2 queens been sold, and i have to take 2 doubles; i told him that we cannot fit there, he started harshly screaming at me( my daughter sat next to me and heard all this hassle), and finally hung up on me, and did not even call back to apologize. Hotel manager tried to upgrade the room for about $100 more, which I did not take. My family took the room, my husband( big and tall guy) and I couldn't sleep all nights. I tried to contact a supervisor Richard next day; he made a long deal short and told me that they are not going to issue any refunds as I was agree to take the room; he did not even offer a free upgrade instead. After all this insults and stresses, our vacation was ruined. I was suffering from migraine( never experienced it before); kids were stressed out by observing us. Then I decide to search about tripres on tripadvisor: guess what? all reviews were negative. I am going to file complain with BBB, and believe this company with there disrespectful customer service representatives MUST get punished as they deserved it; I am trying to protect others from being insulted and tricked by tripres.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I book only through the hotel. Good luck.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,713 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

I admit that I couldn't read your explanation made without spaces, but I will assume you were a little clearer when you dealt with them.

There have been a fairly large number of posts on problems with Tripres.com on this board. If you would have checked here before you made your reservation. But thank you for possibly helping others avoid the same problem.

I also learned a long time ago not to rely upon 3rd parties and to book direct. As you know no small amount of savings is worth the hassle when things don't work out.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

Are their pants on fier?

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

Can you help me with spelling? Would it help to solve my problem? Or help others not to be tricked by third party? Thanks anyway for your response.

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
558 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

I have had this same problem in other hotels - AND it can happen when you book directly with the Hotel.

My daughter works for a Hotel in Chicago and she could get us a family rate but it did not apply to the rooms with a King bed.

So we decided to pay full rate and book with the hotel so we could get a King bed. We checked into our room and we had two doubles.

Luckily, we did not have the whole family with us so we just each took our own bed. We laughed about it but it was disappointing since we didn't take the family discount!

I have never heard of Tripres but always recommend you do your research before booking.

Thanks for the info!

Edited: 07 April 2011, 04:50
6. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 06:05
Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

You have 2 posts....what was your other post?? Ever once in awhile, someone comes on here complaining about TripRes with one or two posts...credibility problem....

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

Classy, elastin.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,467 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

Wow, you are going to file a complaint with the BBB....

Are you SURE you are ready to go nuclear on these guys?

I mean, gosh wilickers, not the BBB; those TripRes execs must be quaking in their boots at this very moment.

C'mon man this isn't 1954 in Pleasantville.

Here in the 21st century people use sites such as Yelp and TA to express their complaints. Who the heck ever contacts the BBB for opinions on wholesale travel reservation systems?

You should probably also place a call to the Chamber of Commerce while you are at it (not sure what city though). And to make it period consistent, you should do it from a telephone booth, at a soda fountain, on a black rotary dial phone.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tripres are liers!!!!!!!

This is what the T&Cs at tripres say....

* Bedding and smoking preferences are by request only. Best efforts will be made to accommodate your request, but specific bedding and smoking requests are not guaranteed.*

It is the same policy you would have agreed to booking directly with the hotel.

I fail to see the complaint. There may be reasons to book direct with the hotel. But, to guarantee a bed type is not usually one of them.