We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

Arriving on 4/15 - our 4th trip to Vegas. Husband's birthday is on the 18th and Italian food is his favorite. We haven't been anywhere special to eat on our previous trips - just picked up whatever and whenever we were in the mood to eat. He is a picky eater and looking over the some of the menus and considering our budget, it appears that Casa D'Amore or Maggianos would be good for us. Of those two, which would you suggest? We'd like to stay under $100 for the two of us, so if you have any other suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,481 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

If you want to raise your budget some and want great Italian food try Pieros, Il Mulino New York or Bartolotta.

If not, then Casa

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

We like Maggianos in Las Vegas, we think it's great for a quick meal. But it can be very crowded and noisy. Also I don't think the veal dishes are that good.

Casa Di Amore is more for a leisurely meal. We linger and listen to the lounge singer allowing over 2 hours for the total experience, and an additional 30 minutes for the limo service. Overall I would rate the food at CDA a little better. And the prices are about the same.

We can just walk in most of the time at Maggianos, although will make reservations at peak dinner time. At CDA we always make reservations to include limo pickup.

sheffield - uk
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

I love Maggianos :) - lobster linguine is awesome

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

I've been to both and like them both. Try Casa.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

I love the fact that Casa send a Limo to pick you up and drop you off, really sets the mood for a celebration.

Restaurant.com have discount vouchers for Casa (they sell out quickly). If you go to that site via couponmom.com, you'll get a code for an extra discount.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

Been to both. Casa was a one and done. Nice entertainment, my food was ok, husbands was pretty bad. We got to ride in the big red limo, nice driver, but I believe he's no longer with CdA.

I really like Maggianos. We don't have one in our area, and would never compare it to an Olive Garden (blech) in any way, shape, or form. Have always had good service, and good food, and never found it to be particularly noisy. The wandering violin players are pretty cool too.

salem, oregon
Level Contributor
235 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

Since you are 'senior'...I think Casa might suit you better. Plan ahead & make a reservation for the limo. Mondays are half price on wine too!!

However, the food at Maggiano's is good too.

United States
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

I have eaten at both and much prefer Maggianos. I thought the food was better at Maggianos. I probably won't be returning to Casa.

Here is a video I made at Maggianos from my seat last summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujx_8lWDOv8

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,682 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

Ill second Dice's suggestion of Piero's. Its a few levels of quality up from the 2 you mention.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa D'Amore or Maggianos

And here's someones CdA video (yikes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0LY-DHmO0U