We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor Dining

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,089 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor Dining

Been locked up inside for too long after a nasty New England winter. Thinking about my trip in May, and want to be able to enjoy some outdoor dining. What outdoor dining options people like.

And yes, I am away of Mon Ami Gabi!

What are your favorites?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,759 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor Dining

Country Club Grill overlooking the Golf Course for lunch, also for lunch Border Grill overlooking the MB river.

For breakfast Veranda at Four Seasons.

For Dinner Bouchon and SW Steakhouse.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,611 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor Dining

Country Club

Verandah

Olives

SW Steakhouse

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor Dining

Bartolotta, Country Club (my favorite for lunch), and SW all at the Wynn. Verandah at Four Seasons. The seating by the pool is lovely.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,089 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor Dining

Clearly, Wynn/Encore seem to be out in front with a lot of al fresco dining options- which is great because that's where I'm staying! Just trying to see if there are any others I'm missing.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor Dining

I really hope to post some thoughts of our experiences when we were there the end of March, once work calms down some. But a quick note here.

The breakfast experience at Tableau, sitting outside on the terrace at about 8 a.m. in absolutely ideal weather, was perhaps the single most perfect dining experience I have ever had. Service. Food. Setting. Atmosphere. Wow. Just stunning. And this was breakfast. Sunshine. Quiet. Open and airy. And fyi, they start seating outside for breakfast when the pool opens, which was at 8 at the end of March. But they do have free coffee set up on the bar next to the hostess podium, I think as of 7. Not sure if this is intended as a perk for those staying at the Tower Resort or not, but they let us indulge, even though we were merely in a "regular" old Wynn resort room.

That said, I was extremely disappointed this time with Bouchon. Eating outside there, it was dark with no view, as you are really facing toward a quad-like area with 10 stories or so of rooms all around you, no privacy, felt like an animal in a zoo. Plus people walking close by the border of the terrace and stopping to enjoy their cigarettes. And while the service was friendly (less formal and less elegant than Tableau), the food at breakfast this time was mediocre. We even went back to give it another try and had dinner before our red eye out of town, and the steak frites were forgettable, with no real feeling of great outdoor dining.

I swear I am not on the Wynn payroll, but next time I will just stay on site, at places like Tableau and the Country Club. Just a different level all together.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor Dining

Cosmo has a few outdoor options- Comme Ca and Overlook Grill, haven't tried the food but saw the views and they are great.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outdoor Dining

....other than MAG which I like stricty for weekend brunch I would vote for Olives.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,759 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outdoor Dining

I would be interested in your take on Comme Ca if you want to give it a try. It looks interesting, but we probably won't get there next month.

Brooklyn, New York
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Outdoor Dining

it's not overlooking the strip, but Bouchon at venelazzo is phenomenal, and has outdoor seating.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outdoor Dining

When I arrived at the St Louis Cafe, they asked if I wanted to sit inside or outside on the patio..... I chose outside =)