We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Sydney to America (multi city stops)

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Flying Sydney to America (multi city stops)

Hi

Can anyone provide information on best places to purchase tickets from Sydney to the US.

We are a family of four and it will be a multi city holiday.

Sydney to San Francisco

San Francisco to Connecticut

Connecticut to Orlando

Orlando to Los Angeles

LA to Sydney.

We are flying to be there for Christmas so leaving around 18th December 2011.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions where to get the best deals. So far Delta Airlines has come up the cheapest through a travel agent, but after reading reviews on international flights with Delta, i am not so sure i want to fly with them.

Any help would be appreciated. :-)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Sydney to America (multi city stops)

So you're not coming to Las Vegas??

Hmmmm....anyway, no problem with Delta here. Really, if you're in economy, all of the airlines are going to provide basically the same thing. Meals that may or may not be to your liking. Entertainment systems that may or may not work. Crews that might be enthusiastic or might be grumpy.

I don't pay attention to reviews of airlines too much as the 95% of people who get on the plane and get off again with no issues rarely post about it.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Sydney to America (multi city stops)

You should probably redirect this to the Airlines forum. However, you will probably be attacked there for not asking a question that is satisfactory to some of the more active participants. Ignore them.

Before you book a ticket for all the flights in one go, be sure to look at some of the airlines that don't necessarily show up in searches. The best include Southwest (which can only be booked on their own web pages), JetBlue and Virgin America. JetBlue and VA are especially good for cross country trips with kids because they have seatback tv's for entertainment. SW is very good for shorter trips, like the Connecticut to Orlando. It doesn't provide any entertainment or food, but the planes are comfortable and the service is very good (and bags are free).

You don't say where in Connecticut you're going, but if anywhere near NYC it may be cheaper to fly into LaGuardia or JFK and then do ground transport. JetBlue and SW both fly into Hartford, I think.

I don't agree that all economy service is the same. I haven't flown Delta to Australia, but their Europe service wasn't very good, altho they may have added seatback entertainment. BA's and even Continental's was better. Domestically, JetBlue's legroom is the equivalent of other airlines premium economy, and if that isn't enough you can purchase more legroom for a few dollars more. If Delta is significantly cheaper then I would probably fly it myself with my family of 4 for the total savings, but if its the same money I would fly Qantas or NZ.

Christmas is a heavy travel season, so you should make reservations for the heaviest travel times by this summer. You might want to consult Farecast before booking. You also should probably book nonstops whenever you can because the last couple of winters have been full of snow delays. If you have to connect Dallas and Houston are probably better bets than Denver or Chicago.

3. Re: Flying Sydney to America (multi city stops)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:21