We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Can anyone let me know how the flight is?

whats seating like, are we best to upgrade to the likes of premium economy!

i did this with Virgin to Orlando and it was great!! alot better than economy but ive never flown Long Haul with BA before!

Thanks L x

ireland
Level Contributor
766 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Never sat in premium economy but flew this route economy last nov. It was a fairly good flight. At check in we asked for 3 seats between us, which we got. Food was fine, seats average and seat back entertainment was pretty good.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Honestly, could not fault the service from start to finish. As far as I can tell, the only difference between standard and premium economy is leg room, and as I am only 5'7" thats really not an issue to me! Great in flight entertainment (Which works, unlike Virgins a lot of the time!). Food was shockingly good for an airline, and whilst I wasn't "pampered" by the cabin crew, I like that. I want to get on the plane and relax, not have someone faffing around me for 10 hours!

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Don't pay the extra as it's not worth it.

Go online 24 hrs before and chose one of the two seats without a seat in front of you.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
355 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

I just made the Seattle-Heathrow-Seattle run on BA last week, so I will assume the service/accommodations are about the same.

We sat in the economy, and I took a good look while on board at the premium economy, but unless the price of the upgrade was very low, I wouldn't do it, not a big difference. The food, the on demand video, the service, all top notch, very impressed with BA, even from the back of the bus

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Thanks guys! dont think i will be upgrading then! hopefully we can just like you say reserve the seats with the extra leg room when we check in online the day before.

Thanks L x

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

"Go online 24 hrs before and chose one of the two seats without a seat in front of you."

I'm sure the pilots would object if you insist on using their seats.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Am I right in thinking you can check in or something with your mobile phone without having to print anything out?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Yes, BA lets you save your boarding pass to your phone now so you don't need to print it - just check in online on your phone and it will give you the option of how to receive your boarding pass.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Hi,

I flew Premium Economy with BA both ways from Heathrow to LA last May and was very happy with the additional room you get, though I only went for the upgrade as it was just £99 each.

I'm 6.1, medium build and find economy on all airlines I have flown with long haul slightly cramped so would always go for the upgrade if offered it at a reasonable price.

Is it worth paying more than £99 for... NO! I refuse to get ripped of by airlines charging rediculous fees just to sit in a bigger seat. This the reason I am sticking to economy on my flight to Vegas with Virgin after being given the chance to upgrade for £250!! (That's my gambling fund!!!)

Thanks

ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow - Las Vegas, British Airways

Alternatively you could pay the upgrade to Premium Economy and then upgrade to Club World with BA miles - you will need 25K BA miles per person round trip to upgrade seats

This depends on reward flight availablility - you can check this on BA.com before proceeding

Edited: 13 April 2011, 18:37