We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VooDoo Bar

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beach Haven West...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
Save Topic
VooDoo Bar

Can you get in the VooDoo Bar arouind 12--1pm or is it too crowed?

Loveland Colorado
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VooDoo Bar

Bump!

Beach Haven West...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VooDoo Bar

Thanks ACS

I am going to be in Vegas July and my son and wife are going to be there for 1 night while I am there. She has never been to Vegas before and I want to take her out for a drink in a nice bar with a veiw. Do you have any ideas other than VooDoo Bar?

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VooDoo Bar

I think that VooDoo opens later than that, like 5pm. Did you mean midnight-1am? I want to go there, too, but am not interested in the club atmosphere or prices but have heard that if you get there before 10pm there is no cover and you can hang out and enjoy the view before it gets crowded.

I don't know too much about the bars but have you looked into the Stratosphere tower? I know they have the restaurant there but maybe they have a bar, too? Also, Mix Lounge at Mandalay Bay is supposed to have a great view. The website says it opens at 5pm and there is a $15 cover charge. www.mandalaybay.com/nightlife/mix-lounge.aspx

Oak Park, IL
Level Contributor
520 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VooDoo Bar

The line/wait to get in at that hour may be more than you're willing to put up with. What you probably want to do is call them and get connected with one of the hosts and explain your situation. They will likely provide you with "hosted" entry otherwise known as putting you on "the list" which would help you bypass whatever line. It will probably be very crowded but wife and I loved VooDoo back when we used to hit the nightclubs.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
563 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VooDoo Bar

i want to set that up for when we go, never been to Rio. And have seen the views! gotta get a drink there, may go early as well. then hit up P&T

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VooDoo Bar

IMO the best time to go is at dusk....you can watch the sun set to the west and watch the strip light up as it gets dark to the east.

Best view in Vegas IMO.

Beach Haven West...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VooDoo Bar

I did not know VooDoo was a night club. I don't want a night club. I am 51 LOL. I want a nice bar we can sit have a drink and talk a bit. Any suggestions?

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VooDoo Bar

VooDoo is a club but tthe clubbing doesn'tbegin til later in the evening. I have gone up there many times earlier (at dusk) and been one of only a few people there to enjoy the view...

I bail out long before the club atmosphere takes over. The level below is VooDoo steak, which is an excellent restaurant with the same view.

Oak Park, IL
Level Contributor
520 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VooDoo Bar

Sorry, misread your times, at 12 noon to 1pm you should be fine.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: VooDoo Bar

24fan - what time is the best time to go before it starts getting crowed when you went?