We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

Looking to book a 1-bedroom suite at the MGM Signature. I chose this over the Jr. suite because it has more room and the sleeping areas seem more private. Here are my concerns:

Will four people be comfortable in the suite?

Is the sofa sleeper comfortable? There are four of us- 2 adults and 2 children. I really don't want to spend $250+ on a 2-bedroom, but I don't want the kids to sleep on a bed that is not comfy on vacation!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

It will depend on the ages of the children but my son slept well and was very comfortable. The suite is very spacious. We are heading back again in July.

England
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

Basically you will love it. Love the tv popping up at the end of the too.

You and the kids will have their own bathrooms too. Very quiet place to stay most of the time. 1 bedroom are very spacious.

Enjoy

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

The Signature 1BR is great, you'll love it. In general, I think it's the ideal room for a family in Vegas, as long as it fits your budget. (Note that the "2BR" are actually two rooms... not sure you want one of those)

As for the pullout couch... it's a whole lot better than the one at my in-laws with the big metal bar in the back. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it comfortable. Can we go with "not-uncomfortable"?

And now for some unsolicited parenting advice: They are kids, their parents are taking them to Vegas... they will have a great trip. On the small chance they aren't satisfied with a less-than-posh bed, time to explain a few things to them about entitlement and gratitude.

Edited: 15 April 2011, 16:06
Connecticut
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

We stayed there 2 years ago. It is a very large unit and has 2 bathrooms, one of which is luxurious for the adults. I can't comment on the sleeper sofa, but the kids will have plenty of room in the living area, including a table and chairs and of course the kitchen. Also keep in mind that you have access to the MGM pool complex.

There was a Travelzoo special this week linked to Jet Luxury which was offering the 1 br at $99 per night,plus tax and resort fee of $20.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

My kids have never complained about the pull-out beds at Signature. Of course, they spent years in a Russian orphanage, so they wouldn't complain about sleeping on the floor if I made them (and, actually, I have).

But I think Zeke has a good point - are they really going to notice if the bed isn't perfect?

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

Thanks everyone! I know my kids would not complain at all about the sofa sleeper. I just want to make sure they will be able to sleep well, and I'm glad to hear it's better than the one we have at home!

JohnSally, I will check out the travelzoo promotion. Right now, I was leaning toward booking through vrbo. They were quite a bit less than booking from MGM directly...$1046 for 5 nights, compared to $750.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

lawgirl,

Do you usually book right through the MGM directly?

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,256 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

I've done both - booked through Signature directly, and also booked through a property management company (Luxury Suites International) and through a private owner. All three options have worked fine for me, although I know some people have had problems booking through third parties.

9. Re: Signature @ MGM...question about space and beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:29