We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

Going to Vegas in June, and looking to see some Cirque Du Solei shows. I've seen and enjoyed O and Mystere. Tempted to see them again, but there are shows that I am curious about and have not seen such as KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle Believe. I do know that I want to see Love, but what about the others, how do they rank or compare to say O and Mystere, are they better, same, not better? Appreciate any advice that might help me prioritize and select the shows that I'll try to squeeze in during our weekend trip. Could someone rank the best Cirque Du Solei shows in Las Vegas, the one's I've mentioned above, and how they compare in to the one's I've seen, O & Mystere. Thanks and gratitude for any help.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,719 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,103 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Ultimate Grand Canyon 4-in-1...
948 reviews
from US$669.99*
US$727.00
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

Only seen KA and Mystere.... we loved Mystere, so thought hey let's check out KA... well mistake, it sucked!!!!! Doesn't even compare to Mystere, was boring and save your $150 or go take a 2 hr nap in your room.... better time spent!

We're also curious about the Elvis show..... and Criss Angel well it's mostly bad reviews, however heard the show has been re-vised and now it's mostly magic and alot better....

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

My favorites remain Love (emphasis on the music) and Mystere. I thought O was just o.k. I liked Le Reve (a Crique-like show with a water theme) much more than Iiked O. I didn't like Ka at all. The stage was great, but the show itself just didn't hold my interest.

I haven't seen Elvis or Criss.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

I used to hate Cirque and thought it was the stupidest thing ever. But then last trip we went to KA with a bunch of other people and I actually had a lot of fun. If you like movies such as Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon (I do) you'll probably like it. To date it's the only one I've seen. Going to see LOVE most likely in May based on the suggestions in the forum.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

KA will be reminiscent of the ones you've already seen, the more traditional CdS productions.

LOVE is different, but still has enough Cirque-ness to make it my overall CdS favorite. (O is my #2).

Elvis is a few notches below LOVE. Still in the pop music-oriented area, but IMO much less successful.

Zumanity is supposed to be a sexier CdS. I didn't like it when I saw it; not all that sexy, and not a great CdS show either.

Haven't seen Criss, but according to some reviews I've seen it's been retooled and is improved compared to the initial disaster it was.

My personal list:

LOVE

O

Mystere

KA

Elvis

Zumanity

Haven't seen:

Criss

If you liked O and Mystere and wanted more of that kind of show, I would check out Le Reve. Not CdS, but similar and heavy on the water. Search YouTube for clips.

Ijamsville, Maryland
Level Contributor
110 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

I've seen Ka, Mystere, and O. I would rank them as KA the best, followed by O and Mystere. KA is a great show and very creative. Mystere is your typical gymnasts doing strength types of things with a weird baby person throughout the show. Surprised to see someone say they did not like KA. I've never heard anyone make that comment before, but I guess everyone has different tastes. Haven't seen Chris Angel or Zumanity. Whichever you pick hope you enjoy.

Ijamsville, Maryland
Level Contributor
110 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

I've seen Ka, Mystere, and O. I would rank them as KA the best, followed by O and Mystere. KA is a great show and very creative. Mystere is your typical gymnasts doing strength types of things with a weird baby person throughout the show. Surprised to see someone say they did not like KA. I've never heard anyone make that comment before, but I guess everyone has different tastes. Haven't seen Chris Angel or Zumanity. Whichever you pick hope you enjoy.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

Love is tops but I really liked Ka as well, it's the only other Cirque Show (besides Love) that I have bothered to go back and see again. I can't bring myself to lower my standards enough to see Believe and Viva Elvis wasn't all that great. I've also see O (which I liked a lot,) Mystere (Ho-hum,) and Zumanity (silly, not worth it.)

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

I loved KA! The story, the music, the stage - it just wowed me. Guess I'm not a traditional Cirque fan. Despite the fact that I really like Beatles music, I just didn't get a kick out of LOVE.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

So the answer is there is no one single answer. We have different things that excite us in a CDS show. My ranking of your choices would be:

LOVE

ELVIS

KA

and a don't bother to BELIEVE

Of the CDS shows over all, I liked

LOVE-music, costumes, creativity,dance

ELVIS-music, costumes, creativity, execution of the theme,dance

KA-technical features, unique stage, theater in general (I was just bored with the story)

BELIEVE- costumes are about all I can come up with here

Like vp03 I really liked Le Reve, (great theater and seating)

I loved O too but that might have been because we had wet seats and had a lot of interaction with the cast.

Mystere has always been a fav

Zumanity is uh, interesting but I wouldn't see it again. So far I have seen them all at least once and some many times.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe?

Opinion on KA, Love, Elvis, and Criss Angle's Believe

Ka, save you money

Love, great show even if your not a fan

Elvis, There’s only one Elvis

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Criss Angle, probably the worst show in Vegas