We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick bite to eat near the airport

Ripon
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Quick bite to eat near the airport

We are flying in around lunch time where is the best place to grab a quick bite to eat on our way from the airport to the tropicana.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

I recommend either In N Out Burger, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, or Metro Pizza.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Just head straight to the Trop and grab a bite either there at one of hotels close by. Should take 5-10 minutes from the airport and stopping on the way is a waste of time in my opinion.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Why would you stop to eat since the trop is 10-15 min away if that from the airport, plus you have a number of places in and around the Trop to grab a bite.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

I agree with the others. It makes no sense to stop to get something to eat when you can wait a few minutes and eat at one of the hundreds of restaurants on the strip.

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

I have to go against the crowd - I'm heading straight to in-n-out burger - THEN to the hotel

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Hi

I agree with the others, just go straight to your hotel.It will take longer messing around finding somewhere to eat than to get to your hotel.

Clive

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

If you must get something, there's plenty of fast food places inside the terminal as soos as you deboard as well as a few sit down places.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,423 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Will be you be in a cab? Or leaving the rental car facility?

DO you want fast food or something at a restaurant?

I like Winchells Pub which is right next to the rental car facility is that is where you will be and what type of spot you are looking for.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Are you just wanting to kill time until check in? Trying something off the strip for the fun of it? Town Square has some fun choices. Johnny Mc Guires Deli, Lolita's, Cadillac Ranch, Blue Martini, California Pizza Kitchen. That requires parking and walking and I wouldn't consider it too quick. There is a Jack in The Box and other fast food outlets like Panda Express on your way. I think if I wanted fast food I would make that quick detour to In and Out too.

We have a fav local taco stand that we might hit before we check in but it's out of the way from the airport on Trop,

As the others have said there are loads of choices at the Trop and nearby if you want to wait until you get there. Lots and lots of options!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick bite to eat near the airport

Assuming you'll be driving from the rent-a-car place to the Trop, you have more and better options on the way to the Trop, than near the trop. As a general rule, it's easier to eat off strip than on the stip. As long as you are already off-strip, take advantage of that.

For specifics, let us know what you are looking for and we can point you there. Or if you want to be able to pick when you get there, there are many chain-type place surrounding the LV Outlet Center (make a right turn out of the rental car garrage, another right turn onto Warm Springs, and the mall will be on your left.

Another option is to stop at the Town Square Shops (make 3 right turns out of the rental car garage, putting you on LV Blvd. Town Square comes up shortly on the left). Several places to eat, including the place I often stop on the way to/from the airport: Whole Foods. Now this is a quirky pick most people wouldn't choose. But they have a great selection of hot food, sandwiches, etc. Plus you can stock up on food and beverages for your trip.

Edited: 01 May 2011, 15:18