We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
thessaloniki, greece
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Hi,

We are thinking of visiting Grand Canyon (2 persons), from las vegas. plan to make this trip on 2011-10-25.. and have only one full day to spend there.. we can't drive to GC, so we are thinking of going to GC by Helicopter.. and trying to find the best solution, because we want to see everything!! it is a dream comming true...

Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Eagle Point (Skywalk), Indian Village, Guano Point, bottom of the Grand Canyon - Colorado River and if possible Aerial view of the GC..

we have already do a lot of search to different Tour Companies.. and get lost!!!

could you propose something reliable and honest to us???

thanks u in advance...

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Although I cannot recommend specific tour companies you need to be aware that a helicopter will only go to the Grand Canyon West Rim and not the proper Grand Canyon National Park.

Many on here will advise you that the West Rim is inferior to the National Park - see top questions for more information.

TomC

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

You need to visit the South Rim where the national park is located, unfortunately you cannot take a helicopter there, but you can take a small plane. Going to the West Rim is really not what is known as the GC but more of a tourist trap. There are bus tours and plane tours in which you fly into the South Rim and then you can take a helicopter or bus tour from there. Or you can rent a car and drive but it will be a 5 hours drive one way.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Just get up very early and drive or take a 1 day tour to the south rim. Its worth it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

archshrk.com/2007/04/grand-canyon-skywalk-re…

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

<<<<<because we want to see everything!! it is a dream comming true...

If you go to the skywalk at west canyon you will not have been to the Grand Canyon National Park. To see 'everything' and complete your 'dream' drive the 5 hours to the Grand Canyon or take a fixed wing aircraft. Helicopters do not fly to the GCNP from Vegas.

Renting a car and driving there will be much less expensive than a tour of the skywalk.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 17:11
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

As mentioned by the others, South Rim is where you wanna go. If yoù take an airplane tour to GC Natiónal Park from Vegas you'll see Grand Canyon West from the air anyways and you will see just how puny that Skywalk really is. You'll have a far better impression of the GC and memories going to Grand Canyon National Park than if you would visiting Grand Canyon West. Trust me. I've been to both.

Wednesbury, UK
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
13,068 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

I endorse everything that has been said above but if a heli tour from Vegas is what your set on then Maverick or Papillon are the ones I'd look at.

thessaloniki, greece
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

thank u all!!!

i'll start searching everything for South Rim. we can't drive, so we would like to go by ..airplane...

any good suggestion about companies (exp Maverick or Papillon)???

thank u again!!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Maverick is your best bet in terms of quality of equipment used, safety record and offering the most comfortable experience.

http://www.maverickairline.com/

London, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Uniformed, we took the Helicopter ride to the west rim, really cool, but my reading since then has said Grand Canyon Village, Grand Canyon NP, stay the night so you can do a hike, and the the sunset, sunrise, I heard all hotels are a good choice in the village. After 4 days of Vegas, you'll be bored unless your a big gambler.