We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get over a Vegas break?

Wales
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How do you get over a Vegas break?

Have just got back from a 5 day holiday in Vegas (first timer). It was INCREDIBLE. I am now suffering badly with holiday blues.. How do you all get over your vegas trips? Book another? hmph..

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Plan the next trip! LOL!!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

We always end up booking our next trip as soon as we get back. No matter how much time we spend in LV, we always end up not having time for something - and that's our excuse to head back.

Inbetween I spend waaay too much time on this forum, and doing research and price comparisons for the next trip! I feel your pain with the blues though!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Two cures:

1. I moved there and stayed for 12 years. Now Im cured for life.

2. Live somewhere you like better than Las Vegas, because if you dont then you'll always rather be in Las Vegas. I live somewhere Id rather be than Las Vegas.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Always have two trips in the pipeline. That way when you get home you've got your next trip mapped out and you're looking forward to it. That's how I used to think a few years ago when I was making three or four Vegas trips per year. I've cut back to two per year since then - too much other stuff to do - and having been to LV countless times it's still great but not quite the huge deal it once was for me.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Book another trip to Vegas.....immediately :)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Iagree with everyone else get busy booking your next trip and also keep reading this forum and living thru other people and there trips until you make it back

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Plan another trip- yes!

But I do agree with blagger. I did spend about 45 days in Vegas since last May, but I am lucky enough to get a whole lot of vacation time so I am able to take many, many other trips to other places. There is a whole wide world out there and I want to see as much of it as possibly while I am still able to do it. Vegas will never be my sole destination.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Having a Downtown thread going here on the forum helpa a bunch between trips. I also do a lot of price researc to keep me busy.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

I haven't been in 8 years but I go on at least one vacation every year. I just got back from Florida a week ago and I leave for Vegas on Friday. When I get back I will be planning another Florida trip for October and a trip to St Thomas for next April and a trip to Italy for July 2012.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you get over a Vegas break?

Yes, listen to atimom2. Very helpful. Anyway, bwin111, you are not alone. This too shall pass. Keep reading TA for Las Vegas, contribute any information you learned from your past trip. A TR would be great. Even if it is a couple of years from now, you will be well informed for your next trip to Vegas.