We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana or Paris?

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Topic
Tropicana or Paris?

My boyfriend and I are going to Vegas in August. I have stayed at Paris before and i really loved it although the rooms are a little outdated unless you pay a bit more. I have been researching and found that we could stay at Tropicana for approx. $220 for 4 nights (which is crazy cheap to me since it looks like it has been recently updated) or Paris for approx $350 for the 4 nights. I know Paris is a wonderful location but im not sure where the tropicana is located. Is it close to Paris? We are late 20's and want an exciting place thats also nice, clean, comfortable, and great service along with a good location. Which would you choose tropicana or Paris or anywhere else?? Any recommendations will be so helpful. Also i know these arent the NICEST places, but Vegas is only part of our trip and we cant afford to pay around 200 per night! Thanks in advance!

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

Just because a hotel has been remodeled doesn't mean that it has moved up in star level. Overall, Paris is a better property in terms of rooms and hotel amenities. It will take time and probably more money invested for Tropicana to be in the same ranks. To put it in perspective, Paris is a second tier hotel. Until Tropicana started to renovate, it was in the running for worst on the strip. Now it's headed for middle of the road.

If money is sensitive for you, the Tropicana should be fine. It's on the south end of the strip near MGM. But that is a good deal for Paris and if I had to choose I would go with Paris.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,100 posts
1,344 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

1. Paris is the place to go! It's a better hotel, and better located.

2. Topicana is on the MGM/ NYNY/ Excalibur intersection at the end of the Strip. If you want to stay at that end, I suspect NYNY would be better value for money.

3. If price is an issue, why not try Bally's- next door to Paris? It's a well located "value" hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

Thanks for the replies! Looks like Paris is my best bet!

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

I just spent the day at Tropicana. There are 1000 pool players there this coming week. I was pleasantly impressed with their renovations. Their pool is awesome and there are many young people walking around. I would have no problem staying there. the staff is very friendly also, kind of a home away from home hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,743 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

Paris

Boston
Level Contributor
24,585 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

With all the the new renovations that have gone on and the great reviews that have been done I would give the Trop a Bang, first off the rooms at the Trop are much better, and newer now, then those of Paris, the pool at Trop is steps up and far superior then that of Paris especially with the new Nikki beach thing going on. While the location is a bit south of Paris its not all that far. I will also add that I have heard of no negative issues so far at the Trop.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

Paris! Location,Location,Location! We have stayed their 2 times and I would have stayed again but I got a much cheaper deal at MGM. I will let everyone know if I made the right choice when I get back. 21 days and counting. Paris is very Romantic and you are in the center of everything. I'm looking forward to my trip but we will see if the Lion holds up to the bargain we got.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

FSUDanny, I sure hopeChristian Ponder is worth a 1st round pick, since he is now my favorite QB in the NFL.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

TCrawford you got the most ready to play QB in this draft and with the weapons you have, the Vikings will be very good!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropicana or Paris?

We just returned from 5 nights at Paris. It was great. We did go over to Tropicana and I think there is no comparison, at least comparing public areas. The Tropicana lacked personality. We bought a room view/concierage package upgrade at Paris for $55. We got room 2025P, a corner room with 2 windows, one looking directly at Bellagio, Eiffel, fountains, Paris pool, Caesars and the other looking south at PH, Cosmo, Aria, City Center, and Bellagio. Absolutely great room, it was not worn out, it was clean and larger than the standard room. The package included continental breakfast and evening appetizers( which were good enough for a dinner), all provided in the private concierage lounge on the 31st floor. The evening spread runs 5-8pm and includes a bar where you make your own drinks(2 per person). I have more info if you want it.

I stayed at Paris last year for 2 days and received an offer for all the CET hotels and our base cost for Paris was only $50 a night for their lowest room, so with the upgrade, my cost was $105 per night. You might want to call them to see what they might offer you, if you have stayed there before.